Windows xp rebooting after installing updates

Hi Im running an intel p4 3gig machine, with 1 gig memory

I loaded microsoft xp ok no problem, registered it ok
installed service pack 2 all ok
installed the updates automatically from the windows update site, then pc
just keeps rebooting following the updates.

all hardware reporting to be ok, no conflic's at sp2

it seems one of the updates after sp2 is causing a problem

any idea's
many thanks
Keiron
1 answer Last reply
More about windows rebooting installing updates

    Hi

    If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
    Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
    Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
    you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
    BSOD?

    Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
    refer to the problem.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "keiron" <keiron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Im running an intel p4 3gig machine, with 1 gig memory
    >
    > I loaded microsoft xp ok no problem, registered it ok
    > installed service pack 2 all ok
    > installed the updates automatically from the windows update site, then pc
    > just keeps rebooting following the updates.
    >
    > all hardware reporting to be ok, no conflic's at sp2
    >
    > it seems one of the updates after sp2 is causing a problem
    >
    > any idea's
    > many thanks
    > Keiron

Microsoft Windows XP