Windows xp rebooting after installing updates

July 25, 2005 7:53:01 AM

Hi Im running an intel p4 3gig machine, with 1 gig memory

I loaded microsoft xp ok no problem, registered it ok
installed service pack 2 all ok
installed the updates automatically from the windows update site, then pc
just keeps rebooting following the updates.

all hardware reporting to be ok, no conflic's at sp2

it seems one of the updates after sp2 is causing a problem

any idea's
many thanks
Keiron
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:07:20 PM

Hi

If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User