Windows XP Application Slow After Upgrading

I've just upgraded my PC to an Athlon 64 3200+. I'm running Windows XP Pro
SP2 but some applications seem very slow.

A specific example is uncompressing a file with WinRAR. Uncompressing a 700K
file now takes 12 minutes. I'm certain it did this under a minute when I was
running an Athlon 2800+.

Any have any ideas why the machine may be this slow?

Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about windows application slow upgrading

    Gary wrote:

    > I've just upgraded my PC to an Athlon 64 3200+. I'm running Windows XP
    > Pro SP2 but some applications seem very slow.
    >
    > A specific example is uncompressing a file with WinRAR. Uncompressing
    > a 700K file now takes 12 minutes. I'm certain it did this under a
    > minute when I was running an Athlon 2800+.
    >
    > Any have any ideas why the machine may be this slow?
    >
    > Gary

    Are you sure you have the fsb set correctly in your BIOS?

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers