Sign in with
Your question

New Monitor, Vertical yellow line

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 25, 2009 2:11:55 AM

I just purchased the ASUS VH222H( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) When I first got it running it was working find. about 6 hours later while I was streaming HD video a skinny yellow vertical line appears. Going from the top to the bottom of the left side of the screen about a pixel wide. I turned the monitor on and off, but it was still there. I also switched from DVI to Hdmi but it was still there even when I plugged in my ps3. Then I decide to leave the monitor alone for a little while, about 15 minutes later I see that it went away. Then it came back about an hour later. I thought it could have been my graphic card. I checked the temp and it was at 50 c. It's a 4850. This morning I opened my case and cleaned out any dust on the card's fan and in the case. About an hour after using my computer the line comes back. So I touched the screen at the bottom of the line then at the top a couple of times, and tilted it up and down. When I would tilt it down the line would come back and when I tilted it up the line went away. After playing with it for a little it stopped. It's been about 9 hours of the monitor being on and the line has not come back yet. Should I RMA it or is the problem gone? I am not sure what is causing the problem.

More about : monitor vertical yellow line

January 25, 2009 2:45:04 AM

You should RMA it. This is a sign something's wrong with the monitor. Usually a electronic component is bad and this could happen
!