have more errors and is less well supported in terms of updates than the
user made files for A.B. Personally I'm sticking with AB. I'm hoping
the files for AB v.3 get caught up sooner rather than later, but V3 is
so new I'm sure it'll be a while yet, so I'm still using the older V2
package for now.

Hope that helps,

Myrmidon

--
#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> In article <cOudnRS_3IS5XX_cRVn-1A@rogers.com>, Lattes,
> bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com Varfed out the following in Timo
> speak...
>> Are there any?
>>
> Yeah, there's Source Forge which IIRC is freeware - but it has
> little or no support both in terms of software updates and/or 40K/WFB
> army lists updates. There's also the GW software packages for 40K - but
> those numbnuts have it so you have to buy two (yeah 2) software packages
> - one for imperial forces and one for every other army - which is
> definitely money gouging bullshit. In addition the GW stuff seems to
> have more errors and is less well supported in terms of updates than the
> user made files for A.B. Personally I'm sticking with AB. I'm hoping
> the files for AB v.3 get caught up sooner rather than later, but V3 is
> so new I'm sure it'll be a while yet, so I'm still using the older V2
> package for now.
>
> Hope that helps,

It'll be a while, I'm still waiting for the AB3 definition file so I can
start converting the Eldar armies to AB3

"Lattes" <bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Are there any?

Well, there's always a pen and paper.

I generally put my army lists together in Excel.

Tim
--
----------------
Criticizing the current administration is a treasonable offence!

www.rgmw.org - the RGMW FAQ, ignore at your peril!

Currently listening to: 'Live Forever' - Oasis

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It'll be a while, I'm still waiting for the AB3 definition file so I can
> start converting the Eldar armies to AB3

Have Wolflair sent out the beta conversion prog yet? Supposedly it'll
convert most files automatically, but I guess without the v3 definition file
it won't work.

Dan

"Lattes" <bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Are there any?

I use Army Builder, and I can't see any reason to try using anything else.

However, while looking for something else for a friend I stumbled over
information about a program called Rollcall, I might take a look:

http://hiveworldterra.ibboard.co.uk/modules.php?mod=Downloads&act=cat&cat=1

Dan

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:41:49 +0000, Spack wrote:

> "Lattes" <bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Are there any?
>
> I use Army Builder, and I can't see any reason to try using anything
> else.

There are several reasons, but you could come up with a counter argument
for each. I prefer to use open-source software and prefer not to use
emulation to get windows programs to run on different OSes. I'm not saying
my way is the best way (i certainly don't want to start a flame war about
it), it's just my personal preference. So, for me, AB is not the best
option. Though for you, it seems to be fine.

I'm actually working on an open source alternative. It's designed to work
the way i want it to, with features that i find useful. So for someone who
is perfectly content with AB, this may not be an ideal replacement. It's
in the alpha testing phase at the moment, and i haven't decided if i'm
planning to release it when it's done.

--
Error: file not found

Spack wrote:
> "Lattes" <bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>Are there any?
>

> I use Army Builder, and I can't see any reason to try using anything else.

Well, for instance, army builder doesn't run on any os other than windows...

"Vesa-Pekka Palmu" <spammed@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Spack wrote:
>> "Lattes" <bumpin_removetoemail_@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Are there any?
>>

>> I use Army Builder, and I can't see any reason to try using anything
>> else.
>
> Well, for instance, army builder doesn't run on any os other than
> windows...

Unless you use an emulator ...

Dan

Lattes entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
said...

> Are there any?

Why would anyone want one?

--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4148th of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)

http://jimac.tripod.com

Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said

> It'll be a while, I'm still waiting for the AB3 definition file so I
> can start converting the Eldar armies to AB3

Stuupid 40K player. WFB is there.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>
>> It'll be a while, I'm still waiting for the AB3 definition file so I
>> can start converting the Eldar armies to AB3
>
> Stuupid 40K player. WFB is there.

First test release for 40k is available for download from
http://ab40k3.homelinux.net :)

Dan

Out from under a rock popped disgruntled pawn and said

> There are several reasons, but you could come up with a counter
> argument for each. I prefer to use open-source software and prefer not
> to use emulation to get windows programs to run on different OSes. I'm
> not saying my way is the best way (i certainly don't want to start a
> flame war about it), it's just my personal preference. So, for me, AB
> is not the best option. Though for you, it seems to be fine.

The concept of open source is very nice in principle and I certainly
appreciate various applications such as Filezilla but there are times when
you want a piece of software that's either or little bit more polished or
offers a more mature\professional relationship with it's producer.

> I'm actually working on an open source alternative. It's designed to
> work the way i want it to, with features that i find useful. So for
> someone who is perfectly content with AB, this may not be an ideal
> replacement. It's in the alpha testing phase at the moment, and i
> haven't decided if i'm planning to release it when it's done.

One of the reasons I buy software such as Army Builder, Collectorz.com
products, and data sets from D&D Code Monkey is that these are small
operations and you can get answers from the writers. They're generally
also open to suggestions. Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of
us want, namely a miniature collection management function.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

> However, while looking for something else for a friend I stumbled over
> information about a program called Rollcall, I might take a look:
>
> http://hiveworldterra.ibboard.co.uk/modules.php?mod=Downloads&act=cat&cat=1

That's the program that I use. It's getting a little harder to find army
files for it, but since they're only text files you can just whip one up
yourself if you can't find what you need.

disgruntled pawn wrote:
> I'm actually working on an open source alternative. It's designed to work
> the way i want it to, with features that i find useful. So for someone who
> is perfectly content with AB, this may not be an ideal replacement. It's
> in the alpha testing phase at the moment, and i haven't decided if i'm
> planning to release it when it's done.

I'm really intrested in seeing a open source replacement for
armybuilder, so if you get even near to finnishing it please publish it =)

Out from under a rock popped Spack and said

> "Robert Singers" wrote
>> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>>
>>> It'll be a while, I'm still waiting for the AB3 definition file so I
>>> can start converting the Eldar armies to AB3
>>
>> Stuupid 40K player. WFB is there.
>
> First test release for 40k is available for download from
> http://ab40k3.homelinux.net :)

Geez Craig, why didn't you know that?

--

> Out from under a rock popped Spack and said
>
>> "Robert Singers" wrote
>>> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said

>>> Stuupid 40K player. WFB is there.
>>
>> First test release for 40k is available for download from
>> http://ab40k3.homelinux.net :)
>
> Geez Craig, why didn't you know that?

Website's been down every time I've checked it, plus the baby cuts into my
web time.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:33:47 +1300, Robert Singers wrote:

> The concept of open source is very nice in principle and I certainly
> appreciate various applications such as Filezilla but there are times when
> you want a piece of software that's either or little bit more polished or
> offers a more mature\professional relationship with it's producer.

That can indeed be a problem with open source programs maintained by
individuals, that's a reason i may never release what i'm working on.
Since maintainence would basically be in my free time, i doubt i could
commit the time needed to be responsive to everyone's requests. I'm
writing it for my benefit more than anything else.

> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of
> us want, namely a miniature collection management function.

That is a great function, over the past year it's become clear to me that
i need something like this.

--
should you wish, you can send email to the disgruntled_pawn
via the ever popular hotmail domain

> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of
> us want, namely a miniature collection management function.

Does anybody *really* want to know just how much unpainted lead they
have?

Brad

--
Don't bother with the yahoo address - I never read it.
bjhann at hotkey dot net dot au

In article <MPG.1c505eab1454e4ad989969@news.individual.net>, Brad Hann,
luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> > Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of
> > us want, namely a miniature collection management function.
>
> Does anybody *really* want to know just how much unpainted lead they
> have?

Hell Yes! What if the gaming police come and lay siege to my
house? It's always handy to know at a glance what's available and can
be added to the arsenal. Sure, there's the traditional sling shot and
the pointy D4's and D8's - but what if it's a Sci Fi genera, and not a
fantasy setting?

"They can have my gaming materials *after* they pry those 'high velocity
miniatures' out of their chest cavitys."

Myrmidon ;)

--
All good (color) choices, but they don't carry the impact of the #7
"Over-ripe bananagaunt." Nothing says fear the tyranids like slightly

-Maka

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Brad Hann luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of us want,
>> namely a miniature collection management function.
>
>Does anybody *really* want to know just how much
> unpainted lead they have?

FWIW, I have a database to do some of this already, so it's not such a big
deal. I know that I've got about 1250 minis, of which about 625 are painted.

Thinking about the low-hanging fruit, If I were to quick rough my OGRE minis,
that'd knock about 150 off the total. Similarly, roughing through my BFG Eldar
Escort fleet and High Elf Cavalry force would knock off another 50 each, so by
year's end, I could hope for 850+ painted, leaving less than 400 to go. :)

--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

On 1/12/05 9:19 PM, in article
MPG.1c4fa66191947c6598a444@news-server.woh.rr.com, "Myrmidon"
<ImNot@home.com> wrote:

> In article <MPG.1c505eab1454e4ad989969@news.individual.net>, Brad Hann,
> luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>>> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of
>>> us want, namely a miniature collection management function.
>>
>> Does anybody *really* want to know just how much unpainted lead they
>> have?
>
> Hell Yes! What if the gaming police come and lay siege to my
> house? It's always handy to know at a glance what's available and can
> be added to the arsenal. Sure, there's the traditional sling shot and
> the pointy D4's and D8's - but what if it's a Sci Fi genera, and not a
> fantasy setting?
>
> "They can have my gaming materials *after* they pry those 'high velocity
> miniatures' out of their chest cavitys."

Oh my! If this ever happens, count on me to send you a few hundred of the
old spear-goblins. You won't have to give up your lead.

janet
--
Since when do you have to agree with people
to defend them from injustice?

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"John Hwang" <johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> Brad Hann luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>>> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of us want,
>>> namely a miniature collection management function.
>>
>>Does anybody *really* want to know just how much
>> unpainted lead they have?
>
> FWIW, I have a database to do some of this already, so it's not such a big
> deal. I know that I've got about 1250 minis, of which about 625 are
> painted.

Is that all, and you call yourself a Gamer!!

Bloody Newbie.

--
estarriol

Janet Quick entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
and said...

> On 1/12/05 9:19 PM, in article
> MPG.1c4fa66191947c6598a444@news-server.woh.rr.com, "Myrmidon"
> <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <MPG.1c505eab1454e4ad989969@news.individual.net>, Brad Hann,
> > luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> >>
> >> Does anybody *really* want to know just how much unpainted lead they
> >> have?
> >
> > Hell Yes! What if the gaming police come and lay siege to my
> > house? It's always handy to know at a glance what's available and can
> > be added to the arsenal. Sure, there's the traditional sling shot and
> > the pointy D4's and D8's - but what if it's a Sci Fi genera, and not a
> > fantasy setting?
> >
> > "They can have my gaming materials *after* they pry those 'high velocity
> > miniatures' out of their chest cavitys."
> >
> Oh my! If this ever happens, count on me to send you a few hundred of the
> old spear-goblins. You won't have to give up your lead.
>
> janet

I don't think anyone has yet died from "plastic poisoning"...

--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4,150th of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)

http://jimac.tripod.com

"John Hwang" <johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> Brad Hann luntacarsus@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>>> Army Builder is moving in a direction a lot of us want,
>>> namely a miniature collection management function.
>>
>>Does anybody *really* want to know just how much
>> unpainted lead they have?
>
> FWIW, I have a database to do some of this already, so it's not such a big
> deal. I know that I've got about 1250 minis, of which about 625 are
> painted.

You need more unpainted. I have a similar number of minis (got to 1000 and
stopped counting), of which less than 50 are painted :\

Dan