Win Xp sp3 installation on dell laptop results in Boot loop

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Hello. I recently Installed windows sp sp3 on my dell laptop and after i restarted the computer i found that i am stuck in a boot loop! i cannot boot to anything not safe mode or last known good config. Everytime it boots to normal windows, it gets to the boot screen scrolls across once and then stops and shows a blue screen for about a second, not enough time for me to see, and then it reboots and repeats the process. I have been able to see the bsod because of disabling the auto restart and it showed this stop : c0000221 unknown hard error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll. When i boot into safe mode it gets to the agp440.sys or whatever it is then restarts.
Now im pretty sure this is a common problem with sp3 installs, but isnt that normally on amd machines where you have to disable intelppm. Im running a dell with a pentium 4 m processor so it cant be that.

Specs of Laptop:
Dell
Intel P4 m
256mb ram
30gb hdd
Win Xp pro sp2 (kinda sp3 lol)

Please help!
Thanks will

(Ps this is my work supplied laptop)

Solution
If it's your work-provided laptop, I suggest you hand it over to IT and let them figure it out. Why worry over something that's not yours?

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008

Well its all ok now i got a cd rom drive and used the windows xp recovery console to uninstall sp3 and it works fine now but thanks for your reply!

TRENDING THREADS