Highest end notebooks 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most of the complaints surrounded the rear panel cover and the keyboard. I agree with the disliking of the rear panel. It's made of plastic which will be prone to break and since it covers the power port, it's going to get a lot of use making it even more vulnerable. As for the keyboard, I can't say I agree. My Clevo M570u uses a similar layout and I have no problem with it. It's a personal thing and I don't think Anand should have included that complaint in the review. Though I do like the use of the individual key sections (chiclet style).

I don't really like the changes they made to the W870CU from it's predecessor, either - I much prefer my M57RU. The keyboard layout is wonderful (I love that they bound the home, end, page up/down keys as Fn+ commands on the arrow keys...that should be on every keyboard), though I'm not a fan of the chiclet style, but to each his own.

They also used a smaller battery on it, too...Clevo usually makes some excellent design decisions, but I can't say I agree this time.

What's up with the random Macbook thrown in some of the benchmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.