terry

I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The person
who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but now when
ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very low. I have
tried the following;

Using external speakers to be sure the internal speakers were not broken,
Gone to control panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio to be sure the correct
device was selected (Yamaha DS1x Native Audio),
Adjusted the volume controls both from the control panel and Windows media
player,
Check to be sure the sound was not muted in both places as well.

Is there somewhere else there is a volume adjustment that I am missing?
should I reload drivers? Any other ideas?

Thanx
Terry Schawe

terry

You would not happen to know where to get yamaha drivers would you? I have
tried to hit the yamaha site, but they concentrate on Yamahas other lines,
and I could not find the drivers.
"Terry" <tds@fuse.net> wrote in message
>I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The person
>who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but now when
>ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very low. I have
>tried the following;
>
> Using external speakers to be sure the internal speakers were not broken,
> Gone to control panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio to be sure the
> correct device was selected (Yamaha DS1x Native Audio),
> Adjusted the volume controls both from the control panel and Windows media
> player,
> Check to be sure the sound was not muted in both places as well.
>
> Is there somewhere else there is a volume adjustment that I am missing?
> should I reload drivers? Any other ideas?
>
> Thanx
> Terry Schawe

Malke

Terry wrote:

> You would not happen to know where to get yamaha drivers would you? I
> have tried to hit the yamaha site, but they concentrate on Yamahas
> other lines, and I could not find the drivers.
> "Terry" <tds@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The
>>person who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but
>>now when ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very
>>low. I have tried the following;

For an OEM machine like the Sony Vaio, you want to get drivers from
their website for the specific model machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Andy

Hi Malke,

Hope you're enjoying sainthood.

I too am having problems with sound. Since the day that XP went belly-up I
can't get a note from this PC . I've gone through the blindingly obvious, e.g
cables, making sure the amp is on, all levels on the comp' are up. Still no
result. I have a feeling that this and my previous issues you responded to
are connected.

Can you help?

"Malke" wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>
> > You would not happen to know where to get yamaha drivers would you? I
> > have tried to hit the yamaha site, but they concentrate on Yamahas
> > other lines, and I could not find the drivers.
> > "Terry" <tds@fuse.net> wrote in message
> >>I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The
> >>person who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but
> >>now when ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very
> >>low. I have tried the following;
> >>

> For an OEM machine like the Sony Vaio, you want to get drivers from
> their website for the specific model machine.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Andy wrote:

> Hi Malke,
>
> Hope you're enjoying sainthood.
>
> I too am having problems with sound. Since the day that XP went
> belly-up I can't get a note from this PC . I've gone through the
> blindingly obvious, e.g cables, making sure the amp is on, all levels
> on the comp' are up. Still no result. I have a feeling that this and
> my previous issues you responded to are connected.
>
> Can you help?

Andy, I'd love to. Make a new post and include all pertinent
information. As an aside, try setting up a newsreader to access these
groups. It will make things much easier for you. Here's my usual
newsgroup blurb:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

I'll look for your new post.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Andy

Just to also mention, I've gone through the XP help stuff and that suggests
that I go through the bios settings. As you may imagine, I'm not entirely
comfortable doing this as I don't want the ladies proverbials to go sunny
side up.

Andy

"Andy" wrote:

> Hi Malke,
>
> Hope you're enjoying sainthood.
>
> I too am having problems with sound. Since the day that XP went belly-up I
> can't get a note from this PC . I've gone through the blindingly obvious, e.g
> cables, making sure the amp is on, all levels on the comp' are up. Still no
> result. I have a feeling that this and my previous issues you responded to
> are connected.
>
> Can you help?
>

> "Malke" wrote:
>
> > Terry wrote:
> >
> > > You would not happen to know where to get yamaha drivers would you? I
> > > have tried to hit the yamaha site, but they concentrate on Yamahas
> > > other lines, and I could not find the drivers.
> > > "Terry" <tds@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > >>

> > For an OEM machine like the Sony Vaio, you want to get drivers from
> > their website for the specific model machine.
> >
> > Malke
> > --
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > "Don't Panic!"
> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

terry

Downloaded from Sony and problem fixed - thanx, should have done that in the
first place.

Terry

> Terry wrote:
>
>> You would not happen to know where to get yamaha drivers would you? I
>> have tried to hit the yamaha site, but they concentrate on Yamahas
>> other lines, and I could not find the drivers.
>> "Terry" <tds@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The
>>>person who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but
>>>now when ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very
>>>low. I have tried the following;
>>>

> For an OEM machine like the Sony Vaio, you want to get drivers from
> their website for the specific model machine.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Terry wrote:

> Downloaded from Sony and problem fixed - thanx, should have done that
> in the first place.
>

>> For an OEM machine like the Sony Vaio, you want to get drivers from
>> their website for the specific model machine.

I'm so glad you got it sorted. Thanks for taking the time to let me
know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Update the audio driver.Visit manufacturer's site to download and
install the latest driver.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Terry wrote:

> I have a Sony Vaio with XP home that I am refitting for someone. The person
> who owned it before is not sure if the sound worked or not, but now when
> ever you play a sound file, you can hear it, but it is very low. I have
> tried the following;
>
> Using external speakers to be sure the internal speakers were not broken,
> Gone to control panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio to be sure the correct
> device was selected (Yamaha DS1x Native Audio),
> Adjusted the volume controls both from the control panel and Windows media
> player,
> Check to be sure the sound was not muted in both places as well.
>
> Is there somewhere else there is a volume adjustment that I am missing?
> should I reload drivers? Any other ideas?
>
> Thanx
> Terry Schawe

TRENDING THREADS