Which is the best widescreen 22" LCD

gwiz1987

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
ive been looking around for a new 22" lcd to upgrade to from a 17" CRT but havent got a clue which one to choose :pt1cable: . the reason for 22" is that my pc desk has only a 22.5" space width for a monitor to fit. currently ive found these three:

viewsonic vx2233wm
benq T2200HD and E2200HD

does anyone have an opinion on which i should get regarding image quality? and does anyone know of a other similar lcd's than these ones. i prefer a 1920x1080 res for more "screen space". your thoughts/opinions would be of great help :D

Well, the new Dell UltraSharp 2209WA appears to be an amazing monitor - the IPS panel should give it a significant edge in image quality. Of course, it will probably be fairly expensive.

jj384

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

gwiz, I found a review for you!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116396

There are quite a few reviews in the link, they all seem to be personal experience and testimonial encounters with the actual monitor, you may take a look.

By the way, has anyone on this page owned a BenQ E2200HD monitor before? I'm looking for some feedback on the monitor. Great monitor, never had it myself. Would love to and am saving some cash for it at the moment :D

I would like to learn more about the monitor from a person who has actually owned it previously or currently and want to know your opinion of it before I actually purchase it myself.

Be nice if someone help me, thanks :)

IMADman

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

I was using a 19" 446 Nokia Pro which I loved for 7 years but decided to upgrade. I took back 2 24" monitors both Samsung and then a LG 22" monitor. I was playing LOTRO and always the top 2" of the screen were darker than the rest of the game. I did a google and ordered the Dell 2209WA. The sad part is my 7 year old CRT still has the better picture but this 22" is definitely a nice monitor and the screen seems very consistent everywhere. It may get better if I ever figure out how to accurately calibrate the thing. I've used Nvidias utility and followed it's instructions to the letter and always at the end its horrible. I am just running the default and it looks find but in the game it doesnt have the same bright vivid colors. FYI the 24" samsung monitors were both beautiful to look at I just couldn't stand the viewing angle.

That's odd - I have an Ultrasharp 2408WFP, and it definitely keeps its vivid colors in games. In fact, the first thing I did when I got it was to play through all of Half Life 2 and Crysis again to see them on the new monitor, because it absolutely blew away my old monitor in every way, including in games.