LCD Monitor Problem

robc

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I have a monitor problem.
When moving my desktop PC, I disconnected everything, as it was moved to another room. When reconnecting everything, there is a problem with the monitor (LCD).
When booting up, the PC seems to do everything it used to but the monitor screen remains black, with the green light flashing continually. I have connected my old monitor to the PC, which has a bulit in video cable and it works fine. Has anyone any ideas? Could it be the monitor or could it be the video cable? If it is the cable, i'll replace it, if it is the monitor, would it need replacing or is there something cheap and simple that can be done.

robc

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Yes, of course!

I have tried it on my old pc, same problem.

One thing I forgot to mention. Before it stopped altogether, thats before I moved it. When booting up, the monitor took an age to come on, green light still blinking, even though the harddrive had done its paces. I am talking about 15 mins or so. Any clues?

robc

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

Yes, of course!

I have tried it on my old pc, same problem.

One thing I forgot to mention. Before it stopped altogether, thats before I moved it. When booting up, the monitor took an age to come on, green light still blinking, even though the harddrive had done its paces. I am talking about 15 mins or so. Any clues?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Then I'm guessing that you monitor went dead.

I've read in some forum that somone replace the capacitors and got their LCD working again, I don't know if that will work on your monitor but It might not be a bad idea to have it check by a technician, it would be better if it cost you only $50 have it fix than to spending more than $150 for a new one.

I'm sorry if I'm not much more of a help.

TRENDING THREADS