HP PSC 2410 stopped working... HELP!!!

z3ro

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
After leaving the printer idle for a few months, it got shut off right away. I plugged out the power and plugged it again, power it on, the "loading screen" appeared for a few seconds and shut off right away.

How to fix this?

Osage

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would assume that the first step would be to call HP. Especially if the printer is under warranty. If you can't get the time of day out of HP without paying a fee, you can still look at their website and troubleshooting information. Given the psc 2410 is a capable printer that can print, copy, scan, and fax and had an initial high purchase price, one would be loathe to give up on the unit without some effort.

But I strongly suspect the cartridges are clogged from disuse, so failing good information from HP, I would remove the cartridges from the printer and visually examine the printheads on the cartridges themselves.--some light cleaning or heating in very warm water may get them going
again. Or a new set of cartridges might also be the ticket.
Its possible that the printer powers up, tries to run a cleaning cycle, immediately realizes the cartridges are clogged, and shuts down would have some logic to it. Also remotely possible is that somehow the software went south on you and a reinstall of software might be needed.

Best advice I can think of to give you, others more familar with HP's may have better advice.