[WFB] A Tale of RGMW for real

Philip Bowles wrote:

>>My thought was to start out as a warband and grow the army
>>monthly from there. Would this make a good final army or is it
better

>>start with a 2K list. I like the flexibility to purchase what I am
>>likely to paint.
>

> I like to plan armies in advance personally, but if you can get games
> in during the early months learning what works and what doesn't as you
> go along and so what you'll need to buy could be helpful.
>
> Philip Bowles
>For Lizards I've only got the old plastics from 4th ed.

5th...

I just
>remembered I have a RBT and High elf on griffin too. and a couple of
>metal spear men. You do have good points and If I unload my eldar I
>should have a few bucks to spend. I may be moving in a few months
(des
>Moines Iowa) maybe there will be better gaming opportunities there...
>suffer from lack of store support and not being in the right age
group
>as the circle of friends who play in this town of 22,000. The
campaign
>Idea sounds like a lot of fun, would that happen this year or is this
>40K campaign year?

According to the last WD it's due to be 'the next major worldwide
campaign', even though this should be a 40k year. It hasn't actually
been specifically stated that it will be *the* major summer campaign
and it was apparently mentioned at Games Day, which usually only
previews things six months in advance, before GW summer campaigns
normally start (this earlier date also ties in with the fact that the
High Elf releases are being previewed now, odd if they do relate to a
campaign that won't start for over eight months). On the other hand I
haven't heard anything about a 40k campaign this year, and rumours
would normally be floating around about now. I did hear some rumours
calling the campaign "The Rise of Sotek", but this could easily have
been due to confusion with a Lizardmen mini-campaign of the same name
that ran in WD a couple of months ago. Otherwise it suggests this
could be a 'historical' campaign between the Lizards and Clan
Pestilens, with a new Tenehuain* model.

*Formerly Tenehuini. I for one like the old Lizardmen pun names -
Itzi-Bitzi, Tenehuini, Yuelopolquadotbiquini and the rest, but GW
seems to have decided that apart from Lord Kroak it doesn't want them
any more. No more Amulet of Xapati, no Blade of Coca-cola, no
Tenehuini. That's why I've decided on completely sober names for my
Lizardmen from the Temple City of Tekila - I challenge you to laugh at
such straight-faced names as Mage Priest Hoquicoqui** or Skink Priest
Hanquipanqui...

** No, this isn't a mispronunciation - in the UK it is known as the
Hokey Cokey rather than the Hokey Pokey. By a happy coincidence the
coqui is the national frog of Puerto Rico, so it's thematic as well.

Philip Bowles

Philip Bowles wrote:
<snip>
>>40K campaign year?
>

> According to the last WD it's due to be 'the next major worldwide
> campaign', even though this should be a 40k year. It hasn't actually
> been specifically stated that it will be *the* major summer campaign
> and it was apparently mentioned at Games Day, which usually only
> previews things six months in advance, before GW summer campaigns
> normally start (this earlier date also ties in with the fact that the
> High Elf releases are being previewed now, odd if they do relate to a
> campaign that won't start for over eight months). On the other hand I
> haven't heard anything about a 40k campaign this year, and rumours
> would normally be floating around about now. I did hear some rumours
> calling the campaign "The Rise of Sotek", but this could easily have
> been due to confusion with a Lizardmen mini-campaign of the same name
> that ran in WD a couple of months ago. Otherwise it suggests this
> could be a 'historical' campaign between the Lizards and Clan
> Pestilens, with a new Tenehuain* model.
>
> *Formerly Tenehuini. I for one like the old Lizardmen pun names -
> Itzi-Bitzi, Tenehuini, Yuelopolquadotbiquini and the rest, but GW
> seems to have decided that apart from Lord Kroak it doesn't want them
> any more. No more Amulet of Xapati, no Blade of Coca-cola, no
> Tenehuini. That's why I've decided on completely sober names for my
> Lizardmen from the Temple City of Tekila - I challenge you to laugh at
> such straight-faced names as Mage Priest Hoquicoqui** or Skink Priest
> Hanquipanqui...
>
> ** No, this isn't a mispronunciation - in the UK it is known as the
> Hokey Cokey rather than the Hokey Pokey. By a happy coincidence the
> coqui is the national frog of Puerto Rico, so it's thematic as well.
>
> Philip Bowles

Hm. Very cool indeed! I was thinking of extremely thematic names
like...Bob. After all who hasn't had a lizard named Bob? What? Most
everyone? Oh, Dear...

So it's a toss up between lizards and High Elves now... As a Space
Marine Player primarily, which would be easier to learn WFB with?

I have my doubts that it would be a "historical" campaign. Mostly due to
the campaigns so far in both systems have advanced the time line. But it
is GW so anything is possible...

Do you think that GW would be so bold as to have a spring WFB and a fall
40K campaigns? a space marine/tyranid based campaign with the nid book
coming out in the summer? maybe put a couple of chapter specific lists
in the campaign codex?

Out from under a rock popped Philip Bowles and said

> Philip Bowles wrote:

Phil what ever you're doing to the headers through Google turns each of
these into a seperate thread.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.