Messenger-Video problems Webcam

Hello,

I'm having webcam video problems. I'm using a Panasonic digital camera
hooked up to my computer. I've installed both Yahoo Messenger and MSN
Messenger. When I try to test out the video, the picture is all messed up.
The screen has these brownish fuzzy lines on the bottom of the screen. When I
move my camera, I can see movement on the screen but no picture. Any
suggestions??

Thanks,
Niall
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger video problems webcam

    Try fixing it using your camera's software, not the messengers'.

    --
    Alias

    "Niall" <Niall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having webcam video problems. I'm using a Panasonic digital camera
    > hooked up to my computer. I've installed both Yahoo Messenger and MSN
    > Messenger. When I try to test out the video, the picture is all messed up.
    > The screen has these brownish fuzzy lines on the bottom of the screen.
    > When I
    > move my camera, I can see movement on the screen but no picture. Any
    > suggestions??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Niall

    Hi,

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The software with my camera
    was incompatible with Yahoo Messenger. I had to download a DV Driver from
    www.eagletron.com. It cost me $20 but at least it works.

    "Alias" wrote:

    > Try fixing it using your camera's software, not the messengers'.
    >
    > --
    > Alias
    >
    > Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
    > Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
    >
    > "Niall" <Niall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm having webcam video problems. I'm using a Panasonic digital camera
    > > hooked up to my computer. I've installed both Yahoo Messenger and MSN
    > > Messenger. When I try to test out the video, the picture is all messed up.
    > > The screen has these brownish fuzzy lines on the bottom of the screen.
    > > When I
    > > move my camera, I can see movement on the screen but no picture. Any
    > > suggestions??
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Niall

Video Webcams Messenger Windows XP