Messenger-Video problems Webcam

Hello,

I'm having webcam video problems. I'm using a Panasonic digital camera
hooked up to my computer. I've installed both Yahoo Messenger and MSN
Messenger. When I try to test out the video, the picture is all messed up.
The screen has these brownish fuzzy lines on the bottom of the screen. When I
move my camera, I can see movement on the screen but no picture. Any
suggestions??

Thanks,
Niall

Alias

Try fixing it using your camera's software, not the messengers'.

--
Alias

"Niall" <Niall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Hello,
>
> I'm having webcam video problems. I'm using a Panasonic digital camera
> hooked up to my computer. I've installed both Yahoo Messenger and MSN
> Messenger. When I try to test out the video, the picture is all messed up.
> The screen has these brownish fuzzy lines on the bottom of the screen.
> When I
> move my camera, I can see movement on the screen but no picture. Any
> suggestions??
>
> Thanks,
> Niall

Hi,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The software with my camera
was incompatible with Yahoo Messenger. I had to download a DV Driver from
www.eagletron.com. It cost me $20 but at least it works.