[40k] A Tale of RGMW for real

>m. Very cool indeed! I was thinking of extremely thematic names
>like...Bob.

Not Kermit the Slann? Or should that be Quermit?

After all who hasn't had a lizard named Bob? What? Most
>everyone? Oh, Dear...

I have plans for a Skink Chief named Tokaigequo, but there aren't
actually that many lizard or frog names that sound 'Maya-ish' enough.

>So it's a toss up between lizards and High Elves now... As a Space
>Marine Player primarily, which would be easier to learn WFB with?

Neither is a very demanding army in terms of special rules (though the
Lizardmen make a lot of use of skirmishers). The High Elves are a very
'traditional' WFB race, with the usual complement of close combat
infantry, ranged infantry, heavy cav, fast cav, skirmishers, flyers
and war machines, and more heavily-based around blocks of infantry and
regiments of cavalry.

>Do you think that GW would be so bold as to have a spring WFB and a
fall
>40K campaigns? a space marine/tyranid based campaign with the nid
book
>coming out in the summer? maybe put a couple of chapter specific
lists
>in the campaign codex?

Because there are so few SM Chapter lists... If the Lizard campaign is
a major one, I doubt they would - two major campaigns means 4-6 months
of campaign over the course of a year and attendant miniature releases
for each one. On the other hand it isn't impossible - aside from the
Tyranid Codex there doesn't seem too much else going on in either
system this year.

Philip Bowles

Is there any reason why your posts should be coming up as new threads,
Philip, rather than replies to original threads? This is about the 3rd or
4th time it's happened within the week.
--
Jon Hedge,
"The chances are, I said it in jest."

First time e-mails should be tagged [RGMW] to make it through my spam
filter.

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

"Jon Hedge" <ihug.com.au@dopefish> wrote in message
> Is there any reason why your posts should be coming up as new threads,
> Philip, rather than replies to original threads? This is about the 3rd or
> 4th time it's happened within the week.

It looks like he's posting from Google. Either he's posting as a new thread
each time, or Google has a bug and it's not adding the References: header to
mark which post it's in reply to.

Dan

In article <34n4g8F4dk8d6U1@individual.net>, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
writes:

>"Jon Hedge" <ihug.com.au@dopefish> wrote in message
>> Is there any reason why your posts should be coming up as new threads,
>> Philip, rather than replies to original threads? This is about the 3rd or
>> 4th time it's happened within the week.
>
>It looks like he's posting from Google. Either he's posting as a new thread
>each time, or Google has a bug and it's not adding the References: header to
>mark which post it's in reply to.

Exactly - Google won't allow me to reply to a message, saying it can't recover
the details of the original one, so I have to copy and paste to a new one. For
some reason AOL has only been lettting me access messages sporadically, and
only a few at a time - I'm getting some new messages but some that date back to
the beginning of the year. The newsgroups list on AOL tells me there are 400 or
so posts I don't have access to, and growing every day.

Philip Bowles

P Bowles wrote:
> In article <34n4g8F4dk8d6U1@individual.net>, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
> writes:
>>"Jon Hedge" <ihug.com.au@dopefish> wrote in message
>>
>>>Is there any reason why your posts should be coming up as new threads,
>>>Philip, rather than replies to original threads? This is about the 3rd or
>>>4th time it's happened within the week.
>>
>>It looks like he's posting from Google. Either he's posting as a new thread
>>each time, or Google has a bug and it's not adding the References: header to
>>mark which post it's in reply to.
>
> Exactly - Google won't allow me to reply to a message, saying it can't recover
> the details of the original one, so I have to copy and paste to a new one. For
> some reason AOL has only been lettting me access messages sporadically, and
> only a few at a time - I'm getting some new messages but some that date back to
> the beginning of the year. The newsgroups list on AOL tells me there are 400 or
> so posts I don't have access to, and growing every day.

Have you tried news.individual.net (www.individual.net) as a source of
good (free) text news?

--
=/\= Lt. Cmdr. Jim =/\=
By our chocolate, shall they know us.

"Lt. Cmdr. Jim" <ltcmdrjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>P Bowles wrote:
>> In article <34n4g8F4dk8d6U1@individual.net>, "Spack"
>> <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
>> writes:
>>>"Jon Hedge" <ihug.com.au@dopefish> wrote in message

>>>It looks like he's posting from Google. Either he's posting as a new
>>>thread each time, or Google has a bug and it's not adding the References:
>>>header to mark which post it's in reply to.
>>
>> Exactly - Google won't allow me to reply to a message, saying it can't
>> recover
>> the details of the original one, so I have to copy and paste to a new
>> one. For
>> some reason AOL has only been lettting me access messages sporadically,
>> and
>> only a few at a time - I'm getting some new messages but some that date
>> back to
>> the beginning of the year. The newsgroups list on AOL tells me there are
>> 400 or
>> so posts I don't have access to, and growing every day.
>
> Have you tried news.individual.net (www.individual.net) as a source of
> good (free) text news?

Damn, you beat me to that recommendation. I use that service too, it's great
:)

Dan

Spack wrote:
> "Lt. Cmdr. Jim" <ltcmdrjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>P Bowles wrote:
>>>In article <34n4g8F4dk8d6U1@individual.net>, "Spack"
>>><news@worldofspack.co.uk>

>>>Exactly - Google won't allow me to reply to a message, saying it can't
>>>recover
>>>the details of the original one, so I have to copy and paste to a new
>>>one. For
>>>some reason AOL has only been lettting me access messages sporadically,
>>>and
>>>only a few at a time - I'm getting some new messages but some that date
>>>back to
>>>the beginning of the year. The newsgroups list on AOL tells me there are
>>>400 or
>>>so posts I don't have access to, and growing every day.
>>
>>Have you tried news.individual.net (www.individual.net) as a source of
>>good (free) text news?
>
> Damn, you beat me to that recommendation. I use that service too, it's great
> :)

I think at the last coulnt it was the most used provider in the uk.*
hierachy.