Microsoft Habu Scroll Wheel Madness

rightsaid

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
I know this isn't a tech support forum, but because of the Habu's bastardized dual/company status neither Razer nor Microsoft seem to offer much in the way of support or even a knowledge base - beyond the drivers, at least.

My issue is that when I use my scroll wheel to scroll down it will suddenly scroll up one tick instead, and sometimes when I'm scrolling up it will scroll down a tick out of nowhere. This happens all the time now, but it happens at a seemingly random frequency, sometimes it will happen 3 or 4 times while scrolling down, sometimes once, sometimes it won't happen for awhile, sometimes it happens very often. This is very annoying while surfing, but it's 3x more annoying when playing games. Imagine trying to change to the next, more powerful weapon in a FPS only to have your mouse make you change to the next, weakest one instead...

Now, I've had the mouse for a month, and it was working fine until just the other day. I've made no real changes to my system, so I'm fairly sure this is hardware related, but the reason I'm posting is because I'm hoping against hope that someone else has had this issue and there's some easy fix. I'm going to open the mouse up and take a look here, although I doubt there will be anything to find.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Peace

Grimwold

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hey,

I had the same problem. Just open the side where you can change the buttons. And blow real hard inside. Yes blow. The way the wheel is designed traps dust and grit between it and the controller.

Cheers,

Pol

lerovith

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I have the same problem, my first thougt was the dust. But it isn't, I cleaned the mouse very well but nothing happened. The broblem is the razer drivers. DONT intastall them, use only windows 7 drivers.

frederikvv

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

omg thank you, i have had this problem for a few weeks now and my mouse is only 4 months old. i was getting worried that it was starting to fail on me. this worked wonderfully, scrolling up and down is working the way it is supposed to. once again thank you.

tpolzinku

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Blowing the dust out the side worked for me too. Thought I needed to buy a new mouse.

I also suggest looking at the top of the scroll wheel on the sides. I noticed there was hair stuck to the sides of the wheel. Just keep scrolling the wheel and scrapping the dirt/hair off the side. Now it works great again.