Networking a printer

I have Microsoft's 802.11g broadband LAN at home. I have
a Compaq Presario 2190US laptop and a generic desktop
connected to the network. I also have a QMS/Minolta Color
Laser printer ported to the desktop, and available to the
network.

I would like to network an additional printer to the
network. I do not have the space in my office for an
additional printer, and do not want to put the printer in
the living room where I use the notebook most of the time.

Is it possible to get a wireless card for the printer so
that I can put it in a different room from either
computer and access it over the broadband network from
either printer?

Thanks,
Ed Wood

joker

It will need either a wired or wireless print server. Neither of which
Microsoft has made to my knowledge.

Ed Wood wrote:
> I have Microsoft's 802.11g broadband LAN at home. I have
> a Compaq Presario 2190US laptop and a generic desktop
> connected to the network. I also have a QMS/Minolta Color
> Laser printer ported to the desktop, and available to the
> network.
>
> I would like to network an additional printer to the
> network. I do not have the space in my office for an
> additional printer, and do not want to put the printer in
> the living room where I use the notebook most of the time.
>
> Is it possible to get a wireless card for the printer so
> that I can put it in a different room from either
> computer and access it over the broadband network from
> either printer?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Wood

TRENDING THREADS