Networking a printer

I have Microsoft's 802.11g broadband LAN at home. I have
a Compaq Presario 2190US laptop and a generic desktop
connected to the network. I also have a QMS/Minolta Color
Laser printer ported to the desktop, and available to the
network.

I would like to network an additional printer to the
network. I do not have the space in my office for an
additional printer, and do not want to put the printer in
the living room where I use the notebook most of the time.

Is it possible to get a wireless card for the printer so
that I can put it in a different room from either
computer and access it over the broadband network from
either printer?

Thanks,
Ed Wood
1 answer Last reply
More about networking printer

    It will need either a wired or wireless print server. Neither of which
    Microsoft has made to my knowledge.

    Ed Wood wrote:
    > I have Microsoft's 802.11g broadband LAN at home. I have
    > a Compaq Presario 2190US laptop and a generic desktop
    > connected to the network. I also have a QMS/Minolta Color
    > Laser printer ported to the desktop, and available to the
    > network.
    >
    > I would like to network an additional printer to the
    > network. I do not have the space in my office for an
    > additional printer, and do not want to put the printer in
    > the living room where I use the notebook most of the time.
    >
    > Is it possible to get a wireless card for the printer so
    > that I can put it in a different room from either
    > computer and access it over the broadband network from
    > either printer?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ed Wood

Routers Microsoft Printers Networking