Active Desktop synchronize grabs window focus

July 25, 2005 7:55:52 PM

I've used active desktop to update live charts / images on a five minute
schedule for years. I just got a new PC and set it up to do the same.
However, when it goes to do the sync now, it grabs focus from whatever app
I'm using. It's really annoying. Anyone know how to make it stop grabbing
the focus?

FRank
July 25, 2005 7:55:53 PM

Frank J. reda wrote:

> I've used active desktop to update live charts / images on a five minute
> schedule for years. I just got a new PC and set it up to do the same.
> However, when it goes to do the sync now, it grabs focus from whatever app
> I'm using. It's really annoying. Anyone know how to make it stop grabbing
> the focus?
>
> FRank

Download tweakui from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

On the General tab, under Focus tic mark "Prevent applications from
stealing focus".

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User