Boot Manager and on the fly boot partition switching.

July 25, 2005 7:07:56 PM

I am looking a providing a windows xp disk based recovery solution
which uses a boot manager to boot into a small footprint o/s
( DOS,Linux,Recovery Console ....haven't decided yet) do a 5 second
sanity check on the window partition (windows partition is intact,
system files are present.) if okay tell the bootmanager to boot to
windows partion and restart if bad tell boot manager to boot to hidden
recovery partition and restart.

Does anyone know of any boot managers that let me chnage the boot
partition on the fly like this?
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 11:21:54 PM

BootIt Next Generation and its companion program BootNow may fit your bill.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com