Sound and video problems after windows update

a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 7:15:04 PM

I recently ran Windows Update and selected some non critical updates to
download. Since then, my monitor could only use 4 colours and i have no
sound. I fixed the monitor by rolling back the driver but i cannot get the
sound working again. Ive tried rolling back the driver and running system
restore, neither have worked. Any ideas anyone?
July 25, 2005 8:51:05 PM

Ben Hall wrote:

> I recently ran Windows Update and selected some non critical updates
> to download. Since then, my monitor could only use 4 colours and i
> have no sound. I fixed the monitor by rolling back the driver but i
> cannot get the sound working again. Ive tried rolling back the driver
> and running system restore, neither have worked. Any ideas anyone?

Reinstall your sound card drivers. Get them from:

1. The sound card mftr.'s website; or
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard; or
3. The OEM's website for your specific model machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Follow the installation instructions on the website from where you get
the drivers. You may need to uninstall the old drivers first.

Never install driver updates from Windows Update.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers