Sign in with
Your question

SDHC memory card error

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 28, 2010 11:11:40 AM

Hello,
I have a digital cam with a 4MB SDHC card. They are a few month old and have been working fine taking multiple pictures, downloading to the PC, etc. Few days ago, while using the cam, a message showed "memory card error" and the cam stop working. I have tried to use a data recovery program through the internal card reader in my laptop but the program starts and almost immediatedly freezes (the whole PC freezes requiring a hard shut down). I left overnight but nothing. Of course this right after Xmas after I took all the familly pics. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

More about : sdhc memory card error

January 2, 2011 9:41:25 PM

Hello,

1st of all what kind of camera?I have been working in a camera shop for 4 years while in school, and have seen every card problem you can imagine.The best thing to do is return the card they all have atleast a 1yr warranty, and try to get a card made by delkin they have the lowest fail rate i have ever seen.Second turning the camera off over night is a myth, you need to think of the camera more as a cpu.I would be willing to bet it is the card.
February 28, 2011 9:05:16 AM

erodzawp said:
Hello,
I have a digital cam with a 4MB SDHC card. They are a few month old and have been working fine taking multiple pictures, downloading to the PC, etc. Few days ago, while using the cam, a message showed "memory card error" and the cam stop working. I have tried to use a data recovery program through the internal card reader in my laptop but the program starts and almost immediatedly freezes (the whole PC freezes requiring a hard shut down). I left overnight but nothing. Of course this right after Xmas after I took all the familly pics. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Such error messages are experienced when the memory card gets corrupted and you can no more view the images stored in it. In that case you must use a Memory Card Recovery software that will effieciently retreive the lost photos from the corrupted memory card. The software tool throughly scans the damaged memory card and retreieves the lost pictures from it. There are several memory card recovery software available in market. You can select any one among them. The software is compatible with all digital cameras and every type of memory card. Try this I hope this will help you to recover your lost SDHC card images.
Related resources
June 18, 2011 7:01:54 AM

The showing of "Card Error" is an indication that there is something wrong with it. In most of the cases, it is corrupt. Do not worry and install a free card recovery software on your computer. Now, scan the card with the program. It will show you all the photos, audios and video files of the card. Get them back and enjoy.

Good Luck!
January 5, 2012 10:09:13 PM

jmitch4861 said:
Hello,

1st of all what kind of camera?I have been working in a camera shop for 4 years while in school, and have seen every card problem you can imagine.The best thing to do is return the card they all have atleast a 1yr warranty, and try to get a card made by delkin they have the lowest fail rate i have ever seen.Second turning the camera off over night is a myth, you need to think of the camera more as a cpu.I would be willing to bet it is the card.

Hi there - I was wondering if you could help me with this one. I have tried both recover programs below, jpeg recovery pro, mjm photo recovery and pandora recovery but still cant see the images. I have put them on my computer and it says the images are 4mb etc but no details when i go into properties. Its a transcend 32gb used in a panasonic tz20. I have put in other memory cards to the camera and it works fine.

Please please help as i have very sentimental pictures on it.

Thank you in advance.
November 16, 2012 4:59:34 AM

To mindyparker,

You should try it yourself. Usually such recovery software would restore files even encrypted since it works on NTFS partition.
November 16, 2012 6:30:38 AM

Freeware for format recovery and with guide
http://www.squidoo.com/format-recovery

This one may have some clue you need for your case on format problem.

I find many great resource on suidoo and I cann't help to recommend users to follow the advice. It is pretty much like ehow but more vivid with photos along the tutorial.

The format error comes with the RAW error when the file system has been damaged.

Next time, do often back up your data.
April 12, 2013 8:37:10 AM

erodzawp said:
Hello,

October 4, 2013 7:34:35 AM

corrupted memory card can be fixed, I was having a memory card which shows error, then I found this step by step guide which helped me: recover data from corrupted memory card

You'd better take out the memory card and then connect memory card to computer with a card reader, if your computer doesn't have card reader slot, you can get one from ebay or amazon
http://www.ebay.com
http://www.amazon.com

If memory card is infected by virus, it may also show card error when tries to access it. If that's the case, you may scan the card with virus scan software. Here's some of them
AVG free
http://free.avg.com
Norton
http://www.norton.com
!