Palm T|E: Power button sinking. Is this thing easy to user..

October 4, 2004 12:47:02 PM

The power button on my T|E is sinking in, it doesn't pop up like it used
to, and turning it on has become a major pain.

I get the feeling that if I dismantle it and clean out the button, it
might rejuvinate it.

Has anyone else here opened up a Palm T|E?

How is the T|E to dismantle? Simple, or do 200 springs pop out and fly
across the room?

--
Toby
Anonymous

In article <MPG.1bcb1056a5f99246989af1@localhost>, Toby Newman
<google@asktoby.com> wrote:

> The power button on my T|E is sinking in, it doesn't pop up like it used
> to, and turning it on has become a major pain.

Why not push any of the other four buttons to start it up?
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 12:33:41 PM

# Guy Bannis
> In article <MPG.1bcb1056a5f99246989af1@localhost>, Toby Newman
> <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
>
> > The power button on my T|E is sinking in, it doesn't pop up like it used
> > to, and turning it on has become a major pain.
>
> Why not push any of the other four buttons to start it up?

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but turning off is a pain. Sure, it turns
itself off after 30 seconds, but that horrible screaming screen means I
have to turn it off asap!

:-/

--
Toby
October 7, 2004 1:50:48 PM

In article <MPG.1bcf01b246354075989b3a@localhost>,
Toby Newman <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

> # Guy Bannis
> > In article <MPG.1bcb1056a5f99246989af1@localhost>, Toby Newman
> > <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The power button on my T|E is sinking in, it doesn't pop up like it used
> > > to, and turning it on has become a major pain.
> >
> > Why not push any of the other four buttons to start it up?
> >

> Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but turning off is a pain. Sure, it turns
> itself off after 30 seconds, but that horrible screaming screen means I
> have to turn it off asap!
>
> :-/

Egad. The T|E from hell! Have you tried an exorcist?
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 3:29:44 PM

# Doug Hoffman
> In article <MPG.1bcf01b246354075989b3a@localhost>,
> Toby Newman <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
>
> > # Guy Bannis

> > > Why not push any of the other four buttons to start it up?
> > >

> > Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but turning off is a pain. Sure, it turns
> > itself off after 30 seconds, but that horrible screaming screen means I
> > have to turn it off asap!
> >
> > :-/
>
> Egad. The T|E from hell! Have you tried an exorcist?

It does seem like I've managed to get some real shoddy hardware here. I
guess I'm unlucky.

--
Toby
!