Surround sound from a PC via a receiver

Hey folks, I have a EVGA 780i chipset and I was wondering, can I can hook my computer up to a receiver and play surround sound on the speakers wired into that receiver? If so how would I need to connect my PC to the reciever? s-video? spdif? other? thanks a ton guys, trying to figure out a home theatre situation.
1 answer Last reply
More about surround sound receiver
  1. Yes; you would hook you're PC up via either analog (up to 7.1) or digital (coaxial or SPDIF; either 2.0 or 5.1 via Dolby Digital/DTS).

    As you can see, the analog route is the easiest way to hook up.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Audio