Running Slow

MY computer runs slow sometimes. It will be running fine then it will slow
down until it stops and then will slowly pick back up. What could be the
cause and how can I fix this?
4 answers Last reply
More about running slow

    reda1093 wrote:

    > MY computer runs slow sometimes. It will be running fine then it will
    > slow
    > down until it stops and then will slowly pick back up. What could be
    > the cause and how can I fix this?

    Unfortunately, you haven't given us any information with which to help
    you focus your troubleshooting. Go here for help in making a good
    newsgroup post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Then come back with all pertinent details so we can help you.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Are you familar with Spyware/Malware/Adware? If not, you might want to scan
    your system for these pests:

    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "reda1093" <reda1093@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY computer runs slow sometimes. It will be running fine then it will
    > slow
    > down until it stops and then will slowly pick back up. What could be the
    > cause and how can I fix this?

    Hope you do the regular maintenance stuff -
    spyware, virus scans etc
    Disk cleanup
    Defrag atleast once a week

    Anyhow you could check this out too-
    http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx

    reda1093 wrote:

    > MY computer runs slow sometimes. It will be running fine then it will slow
    > down until it stops and then will slowly pick back up. What could be the
    > cause and how can I fix this?

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Computers Microsoft Windows XP