[WFB] The Banner of Whapping

After that last exchange about the BSB for Bretonnia, I have decided that
the Bretonnians need another banner - the Banner of Whapping. It can be
carried only by the BSB of course and he gets to fight with it. It
functions like a lance on the charge (+2S), then after that he is whapping
enemies in the head with it (+1S).

Since the guy cannot carry a shield, he swoops in like ninja-knight,
swinging the banner of whapping. Perhaps the Quarterstaff Banner would
sound better?

Heehee I like this. I really do. I'd pay 25 points for such a banner.
The Sword of Might (+1S) is 20 points and a lance for other paladins is 4
points, 1 points for coolness.

janet
--
Living with contradiction is nothing new to the human being.
Madeleine L'Engle

On 1/24/05 8:53 PM, in article
MPG.1c5f72465f82b43298a45d@news-server.woh.rr.com, "Myrmidon"
<ImNot@home.com> wrote:

> In article <BE1AFC82.10ED1%janetq@hotmail.com>, Janet Quick,
> janetq@hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>> After that last exchange about the BSB for Bretonnia, I have decided that
>> the Bretonnians need another banner - the Banner of Whapping.
>
> <snip WFB description and function>
>
> As soon as I saw this I had to laugh. I instantly pictured a knight
> carrying one of those long florescent orange bike flags with orange whip
> like pole. We used to 'whap' each other with those things all the time
> as kids - the people with really 'mad-skillz' could *occasionally* knock
> one of those small (and really fast / insanely maneuverable) dragonflies
> out of the air with one down at our neighbor's pond.

Perfect, we can add a Bretonnian swarm, the dragonfly swarm...they have the
lowest weapon skill possible and any successful wound by them has an
annoyance save of 2+ for the wounded, but they have a 2+ armour save
followed by a 2+ ward save. You can't kill them and they don't hurt you.
Haha however, the model must be absolutely gorgeous and you must paint them
in metallic blues, greens, golds and silvers - the wings come made out of
carnival glass for that oil-slick look.

janet
--
I tink dat 'twixt de awesome people of de Souf and de womin at de Nork, all talkin'
'bout rights, de white men will be in a fix pretty soon.