cirilo

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
My monitor keeps blacking out every time I turn on my computer and I have to keep turning on/off for several times until it remains on. I already try plugging my monitor to a different computer and it does the same thing. My monitor is a Liquid Video L17LCD2 and I bought it in 2004.

G

It's probably the capacitors on the power supply board inside. Diagnosis is simplified by the fact that sometimes the capacitors bulge or leak (but that doesn't mean the ones that don't are still working). Replacement is easy if you can solder and observe polarity and correct values. Capacitors cost peanuts.

So even if you have to pay a repair guy to fix it, it shouldn't cost much.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
as above sounds like caps on the powersupply or a loose connection. I'd open up the cas and make sure the wires are all seated well from power supply to circuit boards and whiel there also check for popped caps. replacing them is easy and most people could do it themselves with a solder gun and some desoldering braze.. if uncomfortable doign this warning most shops will usually charge alot fo rthis kind of work read round 75-150 depending on shop and they'll overcharge you on the caps >_<

dconstructionx

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

I had a similar problem and then eventually the monitor would shut off after 1 second and no amount of turning it off and on would make it work. As other replies have mentioned, the problem is likely due to a bad capacitor. I put together a tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWGmtsqQYno and replacing the capacitors fixed my monitor.

Hope this helps!