Linksys Router

I am running XP with Msn Messenger and Windows messenger -
since installing a linksys router yesterday I am unable
to use the voice feature in either messenger - people
can't hear me and I can't hear them. I am able to use the
voice feature in Yahoo messenger without any problems
except as always the quality isn't as good as windows or
msn messenger. I am not real technical - so please keep
that in mind when responding. Any and all suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about linksys router

    This newsgroups specializes on MS wifi hardware, not
    Linksys, so I do not know about the linksys specifics.

    In general, you want to check that you have a recent
    version of Messenger, and you *might* have to open ports on
    the router for the linksys. On MS routers, the ports open
    automatically for recent Messenger versions. I don't know
    if linksys works the same way -- you have to ask linksys
    exactly what to do then ^.^

    Thank you for your suggestion - I wasn't sure if posting
    here was the right place - I will check with Linksys.

Routers Networking