Sign in with
Your question

DVD Burner Advice

Last response: in Storage
June 27, 2005 12:31:04 PM

Hello all, I am looking for recommendations of the best DVD burner I can get for between $40 and $80 that has a black colored front. All help is appreciated as always.

More about : dvd burner advice

June 27, 2005 9:00:11 PM

those options are boring!

LiteON all the way.

I use mine for Movie "BACKUP's" and i had 1 coaster that was casue i used Nero (i hate that app) and i have literally over 1,000 movies that i have "backup'd" myself. Yes that number sounds alittle fake, but no, i am a DVD MOVIE MANIAC... and i am driving towards my goal of having every single movie out! lol there's not enough time tho lol.

Anyway, this LiteON drive i had for about 2 yrs? i think. I bought it when this bad boy was around 300 or so.. and now this damn drive is dirt cheap. and yes they make higher speeds and whatnot, but whatever

I use this drive burning @ 4x dvd-r and i use Ritek/Ridata discs... So cheap and work Amazing (newegg).

if your gonna put time into backing up movies or just making storage discs.. Don't always look the cheap way out, save your money if anything alittle longer and afford the best. LITEON!

LiteOn 811s is what i have...

and this is the newer version...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

deffinetly check out the reviews trust me... LiteON is the way to go!

im editing this ... looks like it's in your price range and it also has a black face! there you go

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rob423 on 06/27/05 05:02 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
June 27, 2005 10:17:59 PM

I haven't used LiteOn drives but I've heard good things about them.
I recommended those drives because I have both and haven't had a problem. Just for burning the NEC is great, but the BenQ with Lightscribe can burn a label on your CD/DVD by flipping the disc and using the laser, it's pretty cool.

<font color=green>The other line always moves faster<font color=green>
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/modules.php?nam..." target="_new">Free Software Links</A>
June 28, 2005 4:26:35 PM

yeah lightscribe without a doubt sounds cool... but i honestly don't think that technology is moving anywhere. The discs aren't that cheap and the time it takes i don't think its worth it.

Plus the main poster didn't say anything about lightscribe.

LiteOn is deffinetely the way to go for dvd burning... if you really want to spend the $$ then i guess stick with the plextor fans, but for the Price/performance ratio LiteON is unstopable.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
!