Outlook Express Font Question

July 26, 2005 1:08:14 PM

Hi,

Please can you tell me how I can alter the font size in my Inbox page. I can
see how to change the font size under the Read and Compose tabs but not how
to change the font size for Items listed in the Inbox page.

Thanks in advance
Paul
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:08:15 PM

On the Menu Bar | View | Text Size. HTML only with SP2.

Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a scroll button, hold down the Ctrl
key and use the scroll button.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

"superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Please can you tell me how I can alter the font size in my Inbox page. I
> can see how to change the font size under the Read and Compose tabs but
> not how to change the font size for Items listed in the Inbox page.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Paul

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:12:33 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have preview disabled. The problem is that when I
am looking at the Inbox page or indeed any of the local folders, 'Text size'
is greyed out in the view menu. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Paul

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> On the Menu Bar | View | Text Size. HTML only with SP2.
>
> Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a scroll button, hold down the
> Ctrl key and use the scroll button.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please can you tell me how I can alter the font size in my Inbox page. I
>> can see how to change the font size under the Read and Compose tabs but
>> not how to change the font size for Items listed in the Inbox page.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Paul

July 26, 2005 9:12:34 PM

Is Text Size grayed out, or the choices of Text Sizes? If it is the latter,
you are reading in Plain Text and have to change to HTML to change the size.
Did you try holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse wheel?
--

> Thanks for your reply. I have preview disabled. The problem is that when I
> am looking at the Inbox page or indeed any of the local folders, 'Text
> size' is greyed out in the view menu. Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> On the Menu Bar | View | Text Size. HTML only with SP2.
>>
>> Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a scroll button, hold down the
>> Ctrl key and use the scroll button.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please can you tell me how I can alter the font size in my Inbox page. I
>>> can see how to change the font size under the Read and Compose tabs but
>>> not how to change the font size for Items listed in the Inbox page.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Paul

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:19:55 PM

Yes, text size is greyed out. I did try the holding the Ctrl key and using
the mouse wheel but also no luck. Also for what its worth, the plain text
box is unchecked in options/read.

> Is Text Size grayed out, or the choices of Text Sizes? If it is the
> latter, you are reading in Plain Text and have to change to HTML to change
> the size. Did you try holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse wheel?
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply. I have preview disabled. The problem is that when
>> I am looking at the Inbox page or indeed any of the local folders, 'Text
>> size' is greyed out in the view menu. Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> On the Menu Bar | View | Text Size. HTML only with SP2.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a scroll button, hold down the
>>> Ctrl key and use the scroll button.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>> ~IB-CA~
>>>
>>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:19:56 PM

You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create
a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the
old identity and delete it.
--

> Yes, text size is greyed out. I did try the holding the Ctrl key and using
> the mouse wheel but also no luck. Also for what its worth, the plain text
> box is unchecked in options/read.
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is Text Size grayed out, or the choices of Text Sizes? If it is the
>> latter, you are reading in Plain Text and have to change to HTML to
>> change the size. Did you try holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse
>> wheel?
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply. I have preview disabled. The problem is that when
>>> I am looking at the Inbox page or indeed any of the local folders, 'Text
>>> size' is greyed out in the view menu. Any other ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:19:56 PM

If you have the Preview pane disabled, are you just looking at the list of
messages?
Are you trying to change to the size of the text for the message list?
View, Font Size only applies to the message body.
--
Ron Sommer

"superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, text size is greyed out. I did try the holding the Ctrl key and using
> the mouse wheel but also no luck. Also for what its worth, the plain text
> box is unchecked in options/read.
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is Text Size grayed out, or the choices of Text Sizes? If it is the
>> latter, you are reading in Plain Text and have to change to HTML to
>> change the size. Did you try holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse
>> wheel?
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply. I have preview disabled. The problem is that when
>>> I am looking at the Inbox page or indeed any of the local folders, 'Text
>>> size' is greyed out in the view menu. Any other ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:38:39 PM

No, I have 5 identities and they are all the same. I also have two other PCs
with outlook express configured the same way in terms of views, colums,
preview panes etc and Text size is greyed out in all ids in all PCs.

FWIW, as soon as I re-enable preview pane the text size options comes back.
However, that just allows me to change the font size of the message, it does
not alter the text size of the list of messages in the Inbox. It is the font
size of this list I want to change not the messages.

Thanks for your help so far. Any other ideas?

> You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity.
> Create a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages
> from the old identity and delete it.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, text size is greyed out. I did try the holding the Ctrl key and
>> using the mouse wheel but also no luck. Also for what its worth, the
>> plain text box is unchecked in options/read.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Is Text Size grayed out, or the choices of Text Sizes? If it is the
>>> latter, you are reading in Plain Text and have to change to HTML to
>>> change the size. Did you try holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse
>>> wheel?
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>> ~IB-CA~
>>>
>>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:38:40 PM

The way to do that is to right click on the Desktop | Properties |
Appearance Tab. Font sizes are at the bottom. Note that this will change the
font size in other places as well.
--

> No, I have 5 identities and they are all the same. I also have two other
> PCs with outlook express configured the same way in terms of views,
> colums, preview panes etc and Text size is greyed out in all ids in all
> PCs.
>
> FWIW, as soon as I re-enable preview pane the text size options comes
> back. However, that just allows me to change the font size of the message,
> it does not alter the text size of the list of messages in the Inbox. It
> is the font size of this list I want to change not the messages.
>
> Thanks for your help so far. Any other ideas?
>
> Paul
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity.
>> Create a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your
>> messages from the old identity and delete it.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes, text size is greyed out. I did try the holding the Ctrl key and
>>> using the mouse wheel but also no luck. Also for what its worth, the
>>> plain text box is unchecked in options/read.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:03:47 AM

Thanks Bruce. That has done the trick. It is a shame that it can't be
applied just to Outlook Express. I appreciate all your help.

Cheers

> The way to do that is to right click on the Desktop | Properties |
> Appearance Tab. Font sizes are at the bottom. Note that this will change
> the font size in other places as well.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, I have 5 identities and they are all the same. I also have two other
>> PCs with outlook express configured the same way in terms of views,
>> colums, preview panes etc and Text size is greyed out in all ids in all
>> PCs.
>>
>> FWIW, as soon as I re-enable preview pane the text size options comes
>> back. However, that just allows me to change the font size of the
>> message, it does not alter the text size of the list of messages in the
>> Inbox. It is the font size of this list I want to change not the
>> messages.
>>
>> Thanks for your help so far. Any other ideas?
>>
>> Paul
>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity.
>>> Create a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your
>>> messages from the old identity and delete it.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>> ~IB-CA~
>>>
>>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:03:48 AM

You're welcome. I had thought you wanted the message text larger. Glad you
got it set.
--

> Thanks Bruce. That has done the trick. It is a shame that it can't be
> applied just to Outlook Express. I appreciate all your help.
>
> Cheers
> Paul
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> The way to do that is to right click on the Desktop | Properties |
>> Appearance Tab. Font sizes are at the bottom. Note that this will change
>> the font size in other places as well.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "superfly75017" <superfly75017NOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No, I have 5 identities and they are all the same. I also have two other
>>> PCs with outlook express configured the same way in terms of views,
>>> colums, preview panes etc and Text size is greyed out in all ids in all
>>> PCs.
>>>
>>> FWIW, as soon as I re-enable preview pane the text size options comes
>>> back. However, that just allows me to change the font size of the
>>> message, it does not alter the text size of the list of messages in the
>>> Inbox. It is the font size of this list I want to change not the
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help so far. Any other ideas?
>>>
>>> Paul
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:05:43 AM

Hi,

Yes it is just the message list that I want to increase the font size on.
However, it seems it is only possible by increasing the font size for all
programs via the Display properties. If you know differently, I'd be
delighted

Paul

!