Lockup..

gunjin1

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
I have WinMe installed and I get lockups when I try to access yahoo messenger and also Realplayer. My windows media players works fine and also everything else. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanx,Robert

gunjin1

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
Well I do have a Linksys router hooked up to my system and I am the first one on the router and there is a firewall in the router? As far as a system firewall I had zonealarm but deleted it.Any suggestions?Thanx,Robert

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
set yourself as <font color=red>DMZ</font color=red> (demilitarized zone) on your router, which will get you free from your firewall built into your router. (most of the time)
To do this you will need to know your ip address. Go to start...run...and type <font color=red>winipcfg</font color=red>.
Then find the dmz setting on your router and type in your ip address.

One last note, you may want to either upgrade to windows xp or 2k, or drop back to 98se. Windows ME is a very unstable operating system.

<font color=blue> Arrogance creates ignorance.</font color=blue>

Does operating as a DMZ negate the firewall effects on the particular PC which hosts the selected IP for that purpose?

<b><font color=blue>~ BIOS SETTINGS: Fast, Hot, Unstable...That ought to work. ~</font color=blue></b> :wink: