Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 color (got worse)

Last response: in Windows 7
March 23, 2010 11:15:59 AM

Hello all,

Recently I installed windows 7 on my new computer, I have a radeon 5870 and updated all the necessary drivers for it. I then proceeded to download some pictures for themes and such at the recommended size, (Off the top of my head I believe it was 1980x1020, I could be off by a few). As the background pictures they looked amazing, then something happened and the colors of the pictures looked slightly off and a little less natural. Anyone have any ideas how this could have happened? Could it be because my computer might be running in XP compatibility mode, or does that only apply for programs?

Thanks in advance. :D 

More about : windows color worse

a b $ Windows 7
March 23, 2010 12:32:35 PM

Do you have the desktop colors set to 16 or 32-bit? If it's 16-bit, then you don't have enough for all the color spectrum. Set it to 32-bit and that should take care of it.
m
l
March 23, 2010 12:52:45 PM

It is set to 32-bit, the problem still persists.
m
l
Related resources
March 23, 2010 4:36:16 PM

check all your graphics card settings are set to default. if you can borrow/obtain a spare graphics card might be worth installing that and seeing if that fixes the problem? have u tried a different monitor?
m
l
March 23, 2010 4:51:31 PM

The monitor is ok as I use it for the xbox 360 as well. It is not the graphics card as it was working before something happened. I loaded a copy of LinX up to do some testing and a message flashed on my screen and that is when things started looking a little less crisp in the color department.
m
l
!