[40K][Rules] Invulnerable saves

You choose which type of save you will attempt before rolling for the save.

Against weapons that cause instant death or allow no armor save
(Powerweapons, Lascannons etc.) then the Invulnerable 6+ save will give you
that slim chance of surviving.

The standard 3+ should be used against any weapon that allows a standard 3+
save. Thwe odds are soooo much better.

Hope this is clear enough

Shawn

I am starting to create my minor-divergent Chapter of Ultramarines, and have
a question concerning invulnerable saves. One of the traits I want to take
gives the SMs a 6+Inv save. I've looked at the explanation of this rule in
the main rulebook, but am still confused as to how it works. Could one of
you nice folks explain to me how this works in "Village Idiot" terms?

> Against weapons that cause instant death or allow no armor save
> (Powerweapons, Lascannons etc.) then the Invulnerable 6+ save will give you
> that slim chance of surviving.

Instant death shouldn't make a difference in which save you use. Only
the AP of the weapon in question really matters: If AP is greater than
Armor save use armor, if lower use invulnerable. If it is an instant
death situation and you save no prob, if you fail you die. Of course
instant death on vanilla marines also is not an issue since they only
have one wound anyway.

Master Ravenclaw

TRENDING THREADS