Does any edition of XP include .NET framework

Vinnie

Does XP home/Professional edition or its service packs like SP1, SP2 does
include .NET framework?

"vinnie" <vinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does XP home/Professional edition or its service packs like SP1, SP2 does
> include .NET framework?

The .NET Framework is not automatically installed with any version of
Windows XP. I could be wrong about this as I don't know whether or not the
..NET Framework is automatically installed on Windows XP Media Center
Edition.

Carl

Gordon

"vinnie" <vinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does XP home/Professional edition or its service packs like SP1, SP2 does
> include .NET framework?

Not that I know of - it's an update you can download from MS.

I think that on SP2 CD the .NET framework is on a folder called dotnetfx
"vinnie" <vinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does XP home/Professional edition or its service packs like SP1, SP2 does
> include .NET framework?

If the .NET is delivered on the SP2 CD, it still may not be automatcially
installed.