Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Dell
  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 16, 2009 4:03:46 PM

This monitor seems like it has pretty much everything I need.. on paper. The e-IPS and matte finish will supposedly give true color which would be great for photo editing. The 6ms (some places listed as 5ms) response time is fast enough to play games.

Only problem is, how do I know it's really all it's cracked up to be? Doesn't seem to be anywhere in town I can view it, and I live in a pretty big city, Seattle. Ironically, on the Dell website the monitor is displaying an image of the Space Needle. Lol.

How much of a gamble is this, do you think? (and please don't just say 300 dollars.. ha)

More about : dell 2209wa

March 19, 2009 7:07:11 PM

I just got one. It's lovely. I'm very happy with the colors and resolution. Look for a coupon code on www.techbargains.com or www.slickdeals.org. At one point there was a 20% coupon. Also check with Ross at Dell for a potential 7% EPP discount. There may be a 4% discount for using a Dell Preferred card but I'm not positive. Ross's email is : Roseller_San_Pedro@Dell.com

have a good one

Vikash
a b C Monitor
March 19, 2009 10:11:51 PM

I wouldn't say it's a tremendous gamble - it looks like an absolutely stunning value for the money. Besides, I have had great success with Dell's return policy in the past, so even if you hate it, I wouldn't say you are actually out very much. I would definitely go for it, if I didn't already own both a Dell S2208WFP and an Ultrasharp 2408WFP (both of which I like very much).
Related resources
a b C Monitor
April 22, 2009 11:46:05 PM

Yes, it is IPS.
a c 196 C Monitor
April 23, 2009 2:18:44 AM

Yes, it is a type of IPS panel.

How good is it compared to a H-IPS or S-IPS panel?

I don't know, but if you buy the 2200WA and ship it to me, I will let you know. :D 
a b C Monitor
April 23, 2009 9:18:51 PM

I'd be more interested in how it compares to S-PVA in all honesty. It's clearly better than TN, but where does it fall among the better panels? It's certainly priced right though - if I didn't already have a dual monitor setup, I'd debate getting one to put next to my 2408WFP (an excellent monitor by the way).
April 29, 2009 10:54:21 PM

cjl yep same sort of question.

Right now I have a vp930b which has a s-mva panel.

I read VA panels beat IPS anyway for blacks, and of course this monitor is a e-IPS without a polariser. Meaning blacks will be worse than other IPS's I think.

So my question is to anyone who has one how do the blacks look in movies etc. and especially when not looking straight on since I tend to watch movies in bed at an angle below the screen. My current S-MVA panel has just about no distortion it is very good at angles watching movies.
a b C Monitor
April 29, 2009 11:16:32 PM

That's exactly what my S-PVA panel is like. No distortion at all out to 160 degrees or so, and only very minimal distortion past that. Excellent blacks as well compared to TN, though I've never owned an IPS to compare it to.
April 30, 2009 8:13:18 AM

the dell has an e-IPS where e stands for economic and is different to S-IPS in a slightly lower viewing angle (178° versus 179°) and lower gamut.

By the way, is selling like vtan2001 does it allowed on this forum?
!