Hi guys,

Just to get your appetites going before we start previewing the rulebook and
army lists next week - a Starship Troopers miniatures game promotional video
can be found here;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/sstrooper_video.php?qsSeries=26

It is quite large (20Mb), so we recommend broadband, and you will need the
right codec (found on the same page).

But it is worth it and should put you right in the mood ;)

Everything, and I mean _everything_ you see in this video is in the game. .
..

Matthew Sprange
Mongoose Publishing

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Matthew Sprange" <msprange@mongoosepublishing.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> Just to get your appetites going before we start previewing the rulebook
> and army lists next week - a Starship Troopers miniatures game promotional
> video can be found here;
>
> http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/sstrooper_video.php?qsSeries=26
>
> It is quite large (20Mb), so we recommend broadband, and you will need the
> right codec (found on the same page).
>
> But it is worth it and should put you right in the mood ;)
>
> Everything, and I mean _everything_ you see in this video is in the game.
> . .
Including the low flying support/drop ships and the vehicles?

--
estarriol

> Including the low flying support/drop ships and the vehicles?

Everything.

Matthew

I saw before xmas Best Buy had a new Roughneck dvd. I have all the others
from the cgi series and realized after I'd drove home and checked online
that it was a new one. Went back a week later and all sold out. Been
planning on ordering it online. Guess now I'll have to. :)

In article <qbFKd.24428$by5.16639@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
rgraham18, rgraham18@sbcglobal.net Varfed out the following in Timo
speak...
> I saw before xmas Best Buy had a new Roughneck dvd. I have all the others
> from the cgi series and realized after I'd drove home and checked online
> that it was a new one. Went back a week later and all sold out. Been
> planning on ordering it online. Guess now I'll have to. :)

What!? You bastards! No one told me that they'd released the
Roughneck stuff on DVD. I barely got to see any of the series and it
still looked a lot more true to the original book than the movie ever
did. Ummm, how many DVD's of the cgi series are there? And for that
matter, where besides Best Buy can I obtain them?

Myr :)

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> In article <qbFKd.24428$by5.16639@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
> rgraham18, rgraham18@sbcglobal.net Varfed out the following in Timo
> speak...
>> I saw before xmas Best Buy had a new Roughneck dvd. I have all the others
>> from the cgi series and realized after I'd drove home and checked online
>> that it was a new one. Went back a week later and all sold out. Been
>> planning on ordering it online. Guess now I'll have to. :)
>>

> What!? You bastards! No one told me that they'd released the
> Roughneck stuff on DVD. I barely got to see any of the series and it
> still looked a lot more true to the original book than the movie ever
> did. Ummm, how many DVD's of the cgi series are there? And for that
> matter, where besides Best Buy can I obtain them?

Yeah, some of the Roughneck stuff is pretty good. We are using some of the
screen captures from it in the rules. In fact, I'm about to go through the
very final draft in about 10 minutes...;>)

--
Old Bear

'Nobody puts hands on the Bear.'

Do a search on amazon.com or ebay. My brother borrowed my dvd's around xmas
to watch. If I remember right there were five dvds. Then around xmas I
noticed a sixth one at Best Buy. Thought oohh I already have all of them.
Got home and checked and low and behold it was a title I didn't have. :)
I think it was called Tracker??
I'm glad mongoose is using the cgi series. cgi series for the MI and the
movie for fleet is a great combination in my opinion... :)

I'm kind of dsiappointed, I thought it said: Porno Video....

Sjap

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Follower of Confucius

"Sjap" <info@houseoftattoos.nl> wrote in message
> I'm kind of dsiappointed, I thought it said: Porno Video....

Well if you were a xeno-arachnophile and/or had a space suit-clad fascist
fetish maybe it was?

Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <qbFKd.24428$by5.16639@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
> rgraham18, rgraham18@sbcglobal.net Varfed out the following in Timo
> speak...
>
>>I saw before xmas Best Buy had a new Roughneck dvd. I have all the others
>>from the cgi series and realized after I'd drove home and checked online
>>that it was a new one. Went back a week later and all sold out. Been
>>planning on ordering it online. Guess now I'll have to. :)
>>

> What!? You bastards! No one told me that they'd released the
> Roughneck stuff on DVD. I barely got to see any of the series and it
> still looked a lot more true to the original book than the movie ever
> did. Ummm, how many DVD's of the cgi series are there? And for that
> matter, where besides Best Buy can I obtain them?
>
> Myr :)

Hey Myr:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=dvd&field-keywords=roughnecks&search-type=ss&bq=1&store-name=dvd/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl74/102-1616075-4742507

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Matt or OB, will the rules have create your own bugs rules?

--
estarriol

If so they might take over from 40k in this house!!!!

> Matt or OB, will the rules have create your own bugs rules?

The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .

Matthew

>> Matt or OB, will the rules have create your own bugs rules?
>
> The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .
>
> Matthew
I hate youT.

--
estarriol

"Matthew Sprange" <msprange@mongoosepublishing.com> wrote in message
>> Matt or OB, will the rules have create your own bugs rules?
>
> The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .

I've got this great idea for a supplement about cat people. Honest...

--

"Old Bear" <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote in message

> "Matthew Sprange" <msprange@mongoosepublishing.com> wrote in message
>>> Matt or OB, will the rules have create your own bugs rules?
>>
>> The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .
>
> I've got this great idea for a supplement about cat people. Honest...

Sounds like a bad Wing Commander cross-over.

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Old Bear" <Spockyouwanker@Enterprise.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Matthew Sprange" <msprange@mongoosepublishing.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .
>>
>> I've got this great idea for a supplement about cat people. Honest...
>>
> Sounds like a bad Wing Commander cross-over.

I demand to be taken seriously...meow...oops...

--
Old Bear

'Nobody puts hands on the Bear.'

Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said

> "Old Bear" wrote
>> "Matthew Sprange" wrote
>>>
>>> The basic rules, no, but you never know with supplements. . .
>>
>> I've got this great idea for a supplement about cat people. Honest...
>>
> Sounds like a bad Wing Commander cross-over.

I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
I'm still not even sure what it's about.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious. "I

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>
>> "Old Bear" wrote
>>> "Matthew Sprange" wrote

>>> I've got this great idea for a supplement about cat people. Honest...
>>>
>> Sounds like a bad Wing Commander cross-over.
>
> I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
> I'm still not even sure what it's about.

'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?

Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said

>> I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
>> I'm still not even sure what it's about.
>>
> 'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?

Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or something. I
remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I can not be help
responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The eighties were evil.

--

> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>
>>> I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
>>> I'm still not even sure what it's about.
>>>
>> 'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?
>
> Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or something. I
> remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I can not be help
> responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The eighties were evil.

"The Hunger", perhaps?

--
Sir Scott "God, not 'Labyrinth'..?" McDaniel

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>
>>> I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
>>> I'm still not even sure what it's about.
>>>
>> 'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?
>
> Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or something. I
> remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I can not be help
> responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The eighties were evil.

Check that last post!

You're thinking of the theme from "Cat People"; 'Putting Out Fire With
Gasoline'.

--
Sir Scott "Why do I care..?" McDaniel

Out from under a rock popped Wonder Pony and said

>> Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or
>> something. I remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I
>> can not be help responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The
>> eighties were evil.
>>

> Check that last post!
>
> You're thinking of the theme from "Cat People"; 'Putting Out Fire With
> Gasoline'.

I really wish I hadn't looked that up in IMBD.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

Robert Singers entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
and said...

> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said
>
> >> I had a weird David Bowie flashback from a year that I barely remember.
> >> I'm still not even sure what it's about.
> >>
> > 'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?
>
> Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or something. I
> remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I can not be help
> responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The eighties were evil.

nah, the eighties weren't so bad, I met my wife in the...um on second
thought your right...

--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4,170th of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"From the moment I picked your book up until I put it down, I was convulsed
with laughter. Some day I intend reading it." -- Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

"Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Robert Singers entered the world pub known as
> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
> and said...
>
>> Out from under a rock popped Craig Little and said

>> > 'Earthling' bad or Tin machine bad?
>>
>> Weren't there cat women crawling out of burning buildings or something.
>> remember I had a thin knit tie and taper trousers. I can not be help
>> responsible for anything in the eighties tho'. The eighties were evil.
>>

> nah, the eighties weren't so bad, I met my wife in the...um on second
> thought your right...

I kind of like the '80s, they did give me to the world.