Open with

Hi, I have a slight prob being that when I want to email a photo to someone I normally send it via Microsoft Office pictures from my Office 3, but recently when I try to send a photo all they get is a blank screen with a red X in the middle and no photo? or many small squares where a photo should be. Could you please tell me the prob or inform me how they can open this photo that I send in another photo software that I possess. I try to change the software from Microsoft Office pictures permanently but it keeps referring back to the original `open with` place being Microsoft. Thank you for any help. :wahoo:
4 answers Last reply
More about open with
  1. Personally, I send pictures as attachments by saving them from the camera onto the desktop or into a folder and then fetching them from there when the email system (usually Yahoo) prompts me. If the picture is a particularly big file I may process it in Photoshop to reduce the file size.

I don't see any role in that process for Microsoft Office or any other software. Keep it simple and you'll have fewer problems.
  2. Quote:
    Personally, I send pictures as attachments by saving them from the camera onto the desktop or into a folder and then fetching them from there when the email system (usually Yahoo) prompts me. If the picture is a particularly big file I may process it in Photoshop to reduce the file size.

I don't see any role in that process for Microsoft Office or any other software. Keep it simple and you'll have fewer problems.

Hi, I am an amateur photographer so I have thousands of photos and I place them in different files, but all I want to know is how to stop them opening in Microsoft photo manager, and being able to open them in a software somewhere else permanently?
  3. Okay, in My Computer or Windows Explorer Right Click on the file name of a photo and select Properties, Opens With -- and choose the program you want to open this kind of file with and tick the box saying always open files like this with this program.
  4. Hi Fihart, problem solved, thanks very much for your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

SLR Photo Office Cameras