Why does it taken long time to start the application program

When I double click the application files to open, it takes around 20 seconds
to start.
During the time there is no action such as HDD IO or any.
Is there any specfic reason to delay ?
2 answers Last reply
More about long time start application program

    나는 외로운 사냥꾼 wrote:

    > When I double click the application files to open, it takes around 20
    > seconds to start.
    > During the time there is no action such as HDD IO or any.
    > Is there any specfic reason to delay ?

    There could be many reasons; malware, not enough RAM, failing hardware
    components, drive using PIO instead of DMA. Unfortunately, you haven't
    given us any information about your computer so we can give you focused
    troubleshooting. Post back after going to these links to see how to ask
    an effective newsgroup question:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Try the general troubleshooting steps.
    Check in Task Manager to see any program is taking
    more processor or memory, so that you will know if its
    caused by any paricular application. See if it may be due to a badly
    fragmented drive. If so run a defrag as applications take longer to
    load when frag levels are high.

Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP