Casio Exilim EX-Z2000 Extra Part After Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffj755

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Hello,

Recently I bought a broken Casio Exilim EX-Z2000 from Ebay. OriginalIy it displayed a fatal Lens Error 2, and then shut down. I have the camera mostly working (still displays Lens Error 2, but then allows photos). I can live with this.

My problem is, during lens disassembly, a tiny, copper washer (3mm outside, 1.5mm hole, a fraction of a mm thick) fell out of the camera before I could note where it came from. I have not been able to determine where it belongs. Does anyone know the EX-Z2000 workings well enough to describe where the washer goes?

Thanks. Jeff

G

By now you must be aware that almost every repair job leaves a few spare bits over -- just hope it was nothing vital.

Admire your enterprise but I would guess the chances are slim anyone has dismantled exactly the model you have, let alone will know where the washer came from.

I'd suggest speaking to Casio in case you can past the call centre type staff and get hold of an unusually helpful tech guy, perhaps prepared to send you one of those exploded drawings that service manuals have.

jeffj755

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Yep, figure this is much like the lottery where my odds improve only slightly by playing. Still, it is worth a try.

I am somewhat amazed myself that the camera is able to take pictures, and now I'm looking at the results to see if they give any indication of the purpose of the remaining part or the cause of the remaining Lens Error 2 message.

Do you know if anyone has made it past the Casio help line filtration system?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS