[WFB] Skaven Plague Lord

"P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20050129052818.06417.00000045@mb-m25.aol.com...
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm
>
> Not wholly convinced - I like the weapons and he looks appropriately mangy
> and
> vicious, but somehow he seems too bulky.

One arm up, one arm down.
Ummm....

Can't see that model being a must buy for me.

> Still, he does confirm that there will
> be some new Skaven releases soon

More skaven would be good.
Plastic slaves ought to be their priority.

--
Regards,
Andy O'Neill

"Not wholly convinced - I like the weapons and he looks appropriately mangy and
vicious, but somehow he seems too bulky. Still, he does confirm that there will
be some new Skaven releases soon - when, I wonder, will we get to see the
Lizardmen new releases?

Philip Bowles"

Good fig. Looks absolutely nothing like a Plague Lord should look though.
Mike

"P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm
>
> Not wholly convinced - I like the weapons and he looks appropriately mangy
> and
> vicious, but somehow he seems too bulky. Still, he does confirm that there
> will
> be some new Skaven releases soon - when, I wonder, will we get to see the
> Lizardmen new releases?
>
> Philip Bowles

Atleat it iosn't riding on the globe supported by fish like the high elf

On 29 Jan 2005 10:28:18 GMT, pbowles@aol.com (P Bowles) wrote:

>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm
>
>Not wholly convinced - I like the weapons and he looks appropriately mangy and
>vicious, but somehow he seems too bulky. Still, he does confirm that there will
>be some new Skaven releases soon - when, I wonder, will we get to see the
>Lizardmen new releases?

For some reason, only Skaven and High Elf releases are listed for the
upcoming Lustria campaign. It seems they didn't think they needed to
release any new Lizardmen models for a campaign centered around the
Lizardmen.

Not like there's a precedent or anything for doing that kind of
thing...
-Erik
"There's a lot to be said for just letting go. It also helps to keep in mind that that bastard Grim Reaper is loose in the room and moving targets are harder to hit."
-Randy Wayne White

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
Read it for your own good!

"Erik Setzer" <erks@spam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 29 Jan 2005 10:28:18 GMT, pbowles@aol.com (P Bowles) wrote:
>
>>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm
>>
>>Not wholly convinced - I like the weapons and he looks appropriately mangy
>>and
>>vicious, but somehow he seems too bulky. Still, he does confirm that there
>>will
>>be some new Skaven releases soon - when, I wonder, will we get to see the
>>Lizardmen new releases?
>
> For some reason, only Skaven and High Elf releases are listed for the
> upcoming Lustria campaign. It seems they didn't think they needed to
> release any new Lizardmen models for a campaign centered around the
> Lizardmen.
>
> Not like there's a precedent or anything for doing that kind of
> thing...

There's a muttering in the White Dwarf editorial about revamped versions of
Tichi-Huichi's Raiders, presumably with new models, and given the fluff
setting Tenehuain is bound to turn up in new scaly Skink form. The editorial
mentioned new models for 'several' races, not just HE and Skaven. Since this
is the definitive Lustria expansion it would be nice to have models for the
Lustrian characters we've had introduced who are unlikely to appear
elsewhere, including Luthor Harkon.

Philip Bowles

"Erik Setzer" <erks@spam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> For some reason, only Skaven and High Elf releases are listed for the
> upcoming Lustria campaign. It seems they didn't think they needed to
> release any new Lizardmen models for a campaign centered around the
> Lizardmen.

I have heard (heh, gossip only) that the main Lizzie release is going to
be all plastic Saurus/Cold One cavalry units. Which kind of makes sense,
but is a bit dull if that's it, if you see what I mean.

Cheers, Martyn

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:43:18 -0000, "Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com>
wrote:

>> For some reason, only Skaven and High Elf releases are listed for the
>> upcoming Lustria campaign. It seems they didn't think they needed to
>> release any new Lizardmen models for a campaign centered around the
>> Lizardmen.
>>
>> Not like there's a precedent or anything for doing that kind of
>> thing...
>
>There's a muttering in the White Dwarf editorial about revamped versions of
>Tichi-Huichi's Raiders, presumably with new models, and given the fluff
>setting Tenehuain is bound to turn up in new scaly Skink form. The editorial
>mentioned new models for 'several' races, not just HE and Skaven. Since this
>is the definitive Lustria expansion it would be nice to have models for the
>Lustrian characters we've had introduced who are unlikely to appear
>elsewhere, including Luthor Harkon.

I'd like to see some stuff for the Lizardmen army, not just DOWs.
Maybe a new, plastic Stegadon or something (not like they'd drop the
cost, but it'd be easier to keep together). And a "protectors of
Lustria" kind of unit, special Saurus given the best gear to protect
Lustria. And we know the Slann have some nice gear stashed away...
-Erik
"There's a lot to be said for just letting go. It also helps to keep in mind that that bastard Grim Reaper is loose in the room and moving targets are harder to hit."
-Randy Wayne White

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
Read it for your own good!

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:48:37 -0000, "M Roberts"
<unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote:

>"Erik Setzer" <erks@spam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> For some reason, only Skaven and High Elf releases are listed for the
>> upcoming Lustria campaign. It seems they didn't think they needed to
>> release any new Lizardmen models for a campaign centered around the
>> Lizardmen.
>
>I have heard (heh, gossip only) that the main Lizzie release is going to
>be all plastic Saurus/Cold One cavalry units. Which kind of makes sense,
>but is a bit dull if that's it, if you see what I mean.

It's something, I suppose.
-Erik
"There's a lot to be said for just letting go. It also helps to keep in mind that that bastard Grim Reaper is loose in the room and moving targets are harder to hit."
-Randy Wayne White

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
Read it for your own good!

"Erik Setzer" <erks@spam.comcast.net> wrote in message
<<>>
> I'd like to see some stuff for the Lizardmen army, not just DOWs.
> Maybe a new, plastic Stegadon or something (not like they'd drop the
> cost, but it'd be easier to keep together).

You've checked out plastic dinosaur sets aimed at kids?

My stegadons came on the top of some bubble bath.
They're slightly smaller and rather cuddlier than the GW ones.
A lot cheaper as well.

--

"Andy O'Neill" <aon14nocannedmeat@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Erik Setzer" <erks@spam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> <<>>
>> I'd like to see some stuff for the Lizardmen army, not just DOWs.
>> Maybe a new, plastic Stegadon or something (not like they'd drop the
>> cost, but it'd be easier to keep together).
>
> You've checked out plastic dinosaur sets aimed at kids?
>
> My stegadons came on the top of some bubble bath.
> They're slightly smaller and rather cuddlier than the GW ones.
> A lot cheaper as well.

Do they sing the Barney song?

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message
<<>>
>> My stegadons came on the top of some bubble bath.
>> They're slightly smaller and rather cuddlier than the GW ones.
>> A lot cheaper as well.
>>
> Do they sing the Barney song?

Not so I'd notice.

Probably depends what you're smokin tho.

--
Regards,
Andy O'Neill
www.wargamer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
or, for no javascript and a faster load...
www.wargamer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sitemap.htm

TRENDING THREADS