cannot access https:// (secure pages) or *.asp pages

On my desktop computer i am unable to access secure sites or *.asp pages and
some programs that access the internet act as if i am not online (cannot
connect to server). I have worked with LinkSys (router tech support),
Comcast (my ISP support), and Vonage (my voice over internet support) and
have not been able to resolve. I have some spyware, i believe, on my
computer that may be causing problems. I downloaded and installed HiJack
This and can post it's log if that can help. Thanks in advance for any
advice or assistance i can receive!
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot access https secure pages pages

    sKenn wrote:

    > On my desktop computer i am unable to access secure sites or *.asp
    > pages and some programs that access the internet act as if i am not
    > online (cannot
    > connect to server). I have worked with LinkSys (router tech support),
    > Comcast (my ISP support), and Vonage (my voice over internet support)
    > and
    > have not been able to resolve. I have some spyware, i believe, on my
    > computer that may be causing problems. I downloaded and installed
    > HiJack
    > This and can post it's log if that can help. Thanks in advance for
    > any advice or assistance i can receive!

    Here are general malware removal steps:

    Go through them systematically, doing everything with updated tools in
    Safe Mode. There are links at the website to forums where you can post
    your HijackThis logs (not here, please). If you need to run HJT and
    post logs, pick *one* of the forums and make sure you read its posting
    FAQ first.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers