Sign in with
Your question

Problems with blu ray player and plasma tv

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 22, 2010 7:44:02 PM

I have a Sanyo DP50749 plasma tv and a LG BD570 Blu Ray player. Both are brand new. I have hooked the HDMI cable from the Blu Ray into the 3rd HDMI slot on the TV . When the Blu Ray is turned on, you see the start up screen. Then it goes black. In order to get the main menu , I have to put a disk in, then the menu will appear. I have returned 2 brand new SAMSUNG players, and 2 HDMI cables. I have a Vizio HDMI cable on it now. I tried a Phillips , a $70.00 monster cable, a $100.00 monster cable. All 3 would not work, it would go to a green screen,a gray screen and then turn my TV off, like it was shorting out. I am at a loss !!!!! Please Help ...
March 27, 2010 5:19:14 PM

try using the player and cable on another tv. the tv is the only one you havent replaced. Sorry to be the one to tell you.
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:50:14 AM

Hook up a yellow composite cable to the unit and the tv. Go into the internal setup (no disc in unit). Step the output down to 720p. Exit and rig it back up with the HDMI.

You own a 720p plasma with limited downconverting capability. The green flash is a bad HDMI "handshake" with the player. The player's software doesn't automatically adjust for your tv.

It's big and pretty and a good value. Use it for what it is. BluRay is fine on it, just remember what your tv can and cannot handle.
m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2010 1:51:11 AM

Used to need to do the same song and dance when the PS3 came out.
m
l
January 28, 2012 1:48:02 PM

This is better advice than Samsung gave me...I knew I needed to adjust to 720 but since the screen was black I couldn't get there. I tried using cables, but I plugged them all in - just the yellow one was the trick! The player was internally set for 420, so it did need to be changed to work with my HDMI cable. My husband is very impressed with my skills! Wireless Blu Ray works beautifully now! Thanks!
m
l
!