[40k] new assault squad

Sneak peek:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg

So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
- pointing power fist and assault shield. I really can't see the
appeal (from a rules point of view) of assault shields on assault
sergeants (or company champions for that matter). They are not ICs, so
they can't be targeted anyway.

--
Joakim

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:27:08 +0000, jockelinde wrote:

> Sneak peek:
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg

Am i the only one who doesn't like the way they show models as images done
up to make them look like they're in a battle?

While i like the concept of the pointing powerfist, to my eyes it really
unbalances the model. I think the pointing pose looks better on models
that are posed to be stationary, like guard HW crew.

--
error: file not found

"jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
> Sneak peek:
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>
> So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
> - pointing power fist and assault shield. I really can't see the
> appeal (from a rules point of view) of assault shields on assault
> sergeants (or company champions for that matter).

I think you mean a combat sheild. It isn't a combat sheild, its actually a
Storm Sheild. There is no pistol on the other side of the sheild.

Rob

In article <ctguhg$kem$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams wrote:

> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
>> Sneak peek:
>> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>>
>> So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
>> - pointing power fist and assault shield. I really can't see the
>> appeal (from a rules point of view) of assault shields on assault
>> sergeants (or company champions for that matter).
>
> I think you mean a combat sheild.

Ooops, yes I meant combat shield.

> It isn't a combat sheild, its actually a
> Storm Sheild. There is no pistol on the other side of the sheild.

How can you be sure of that from the angle in the photo?

--
Joakim

> In article <ctguhg$kem$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams wrote:
>>
>> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
>>> Sneak peek:
>>> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>>>
>>> So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
>>> - pointing power fist and assault shield. I really can't see the
>>> appeal (from a rules point of view) of assault shields on assault
>>> sergeants (or company champions for that matter).
>>
>> I think you mean a combat sheild.
>
> Ooops, yes I meant combat shield.
>
>> It isn't a combat sheild, its actually a
>> Storm Sheild. There is no pistol on the other side of the sheild.
>
> How can you be sure of that from the angle in the photo?

Its not from that photo I can tell. I saw the model in the studio display
cabinets at GDUK back in october, you see.

Also, look at the marine in the top right, he's got a big blob of blue-tac
on his back :)

Rob

In article <ctieet$m8l$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams wrote:

> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
>> In article <ctguhg$kem$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Robert Williams wrote:
>>>
>>> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message

>>> I think you mean a combat sheild.
>>
>> Ooops, yes I meant combat shield.
>>
>>> It isn't a combat sheild, its actually a
>>> Storm Sheild. There is no pistol on the other side of the sheild.
>>
>> How can you be sure of that from the angle in the photo?
>
> Its not from that photo I can tell. I saw the model in the studio display
> cabinets at GDUK back in october, you see.

Even without a bolt pistol the sheild has more in common with the
company champion's shield than any earlier storm shield.

> Also, look at the marine in the top right, he's got a big blob of blue-tac
> on his back :)

:)

--
Joakim

jockelinde wrote:
> Sneak peek:
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>
> So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
> - pointing power fist and assault shield.

Compare with the preview for the Tactical box. Obviously, GW is making
a new VS sprue with the PF, shield, and a shorty waist towel (WTF?).

\-|-/

"John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> jockelinde wrote:
> > Sneak peek:
> > http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
> >
> > So there are at least two new components in the new assault squad box
> > - pointing power fist and assault shield.
>
> Compare with the preview for the Tactical box. Obviously, GW is making
> a new VS sprue with the PF, shield, and a shorty waist towel (WTF?).

Ultramarines...Steamroom-equipped Thunderhawk...any questions?