power usage with and without the ac plugged in with a laptop

It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen was
brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it is
dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this, because I
recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might have
been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas so
that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?
5 answers Last reply
More about power usage plugged laptop

    On my Dell Inspiron 700m it's the Function Key and the up and down arrows.

    --
    Don
    Vancouver, USA

    "beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
    > was
    > brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
    > is
    > dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
    > because I
    > recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
    > have
    > been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
    > so
    > that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

    "beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
    > was
    > brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
    > is
    > dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
    > because I
    > recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
    > have
    > been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
    > so
    > that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

    Mine I hit the Blue function key and F-8 to brigten and F-7 to dim. Yours I
    can't see from here so your milage may vary!

    Rich

    Beragg

    Contact the laptop manufacturer service centre and ask them directly..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
    > was
    > brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
    > is
    > dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
    > because I
    > recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
    > have
    > been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
    > so
    > that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

    You will need to set up the correct "Power" functions for your laptop in the
    Control Panel. Several laptop manufacturer's provide a "driver" or setup
    for this. I can not say if Dell has such a set up.

    "beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
    > was
    > brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
    > is
    > dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
    > because I
    > recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
    > have
    > been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
    > so
    > that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

    On mine it is the Fn+F4.

    "beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
    > was
    > brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
    > is
    > dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
    > because I
    > recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
    > have
    > been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
    > so
    > that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

Laptops Microsoft Power Windows XP