power usage with and without the ac plugged in with a laptop

a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 11:25:02 AM

It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen was
brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it is
dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this, because I
recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might have
been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas so
that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 11:33:53 AM

On my Dell Inspiron 700m it's the Function Key and the up and down arrows.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
> was
> brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
> is
> dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
> because I
> recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
> have
> been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
> so
> that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?
July 26, 2005 1:37:59 PM

"beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
> was
> brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
> is
> dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
> because I
> recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
> have
> been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
> so
> that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?

Mine I hit the Blue function key and F-8 to brigten and F-7 to dim. Yours I
can't see from here so your milage may vary!

Rich
a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 2:31:05 PM

Beragg

Contact the laptop manufacturer service centre and ask them directly..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
> was
> brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
> is
> dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
> because I
> recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
> have
> been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
> so
> that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 3:25:46 PM

You will need to set up the correct "Power" functions for your laptop in the
Control Panel. Several laptop manufacturer's provide a "driver" or setup
for this. I can not say if Dell has such a set up.

"beragg" <beragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It used to be that with my laptop, when I plugged in the cord the screen
> was
> brighter than when I was running on battery power. Now all of a suddent it
> is
> dimmer. I've looked to see where I can change the setting for this,
> because I
> recall being able to before, but I can't find where I do this. It might
> have
> been before I switched to XP, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas
> so
> that my screen will be brighter when I plug it in?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 26, 2005 7:53:23 PM

On mine it is the Fn+F4.