littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
I am finally getting Cable Internet Access. They said I could choose between USB2 or LAN for the connection to my PC (windows 98se). I am leaning towards USB2 since it works for a couple of other things very well which I don't keep hooked up all the time (attache memory stick, digital camera access, USB2IDE connector). If there is any reason I should choose LAN instead of USB2, please advise. They said I would have "roadrunner", which they said was 5 megs, as opposed to "roadrunner lite", which is only 1 meg, and both work with either USB2 or LAN. I don't know what they mean by the 5 meg or 1 meg designation, but, I have to decide whether to go with USB2 or LAN by Monday, so any advice would be apprectiated. littleberry

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd go LAN. With LAN, you can put a hub, switch, or router between the cable box and the PC, allowing you to connect other systems to the same box, without having to chain systems together. That way if you need a second PC later, you can use it online without turning on the first one.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>