file transfer is very slow to Win 2003 server on XP client..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

I have my Windows 2003 SP1 DC setup not long ago and are experiencing
this slow file transfer problem. Majority of my Windows workstations are
Windows XP PRO w/wo SP2. When I copied/moved file onto the Windows 2003
SP1 DC from Windows XP pro without SP2, the transfer rate is extremely
slow. The speed is about 1/10 of the regular one. However, this problem
doesn't appear if I use Windows XP SP2 workstation.

I assume this should have something to do with the TCP/IP stack on the
OS. Does anyone has know how to fix this problem without installing SP2?

Thanks

OM
1 answer Last reply
More about file transfer slow 2003 server client
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

    "OM" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have my Windows 2003 SP1 DC setup not long ago and are experiencing
    > this slow file transfer problem. Majority of my Windows workstations are
    > Windows XP PRO w/wo SP2. When I copied/moved file onto the Windows 2003
    > SP1 DC from Windows XP pro without SP2, the transfer rate is extremely
    > slow. The speed is about 1/10 of the regular one. However, this problem
    > doesn't appear if I use Windows XP SP2 workstation.
    >
    > I assume this should have something to do with the TCP/IP stack on the
    > OS. Does anyone has know how to fix this problem without installing SP2?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > OM

    not sure if this is related. I saw a similar issue with XPsp1 & downlevel
    servers

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326826

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft File Transfer Windows XP