file transfer is very slow to Win 2003 server on XP client..

July 26, 2005 11:59:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

I have my Windows 2003 SP1 DC setup not long ago and are experiencing
this slow file transfer problem. Majority of my Windows workstations are
Windows XP PRO w/wo SP2. When I copied/moved file onto the Windows 2003
SP1 DC from Windows XP pro without SP2, the transfer rate is extremely
slow. The speed is about 1/10 of the regular one. However, this problem
doesn't appear if I use Windows XP SP2 workstation.

I assume this should have something to do with the TCP/IP stack on the
OS. Does anyone has know how to fix this problem without installing SP2?

Thanks

OM
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:54:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

"OM" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have my Windows 2003 SP1 DC setup not long ago and are experiencing
> this slow file transfer problem. Majority of my Windows workstations are
> Windows XP PRO w/wo SP2. When I copied/moved file onto the Windows 2003
> SP1 DC from Windows XP pro without SP2, the transfer rate is extremely
> slow. The speed is about 1/10 of the regular one. However, this problem
> doesn't appear if I use Windows XP SP2 workstation.
>
> I assume this should have something to do with the TCP/IP stack on the
> OS. Does anyone has know how to fix this problem without installing SP2?
>
> Thanks
>
> OM

not sure if this is related. I saw a similar issue with XPsp1 & downlevel
servers

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326826
!