[WFB] A Tale of RGMW Gamers Summary - Month 2

>> Craig Little (Tomb Kings)
>>
>> Army to date
>>
>> Tomb Prince Cambyses II: Light armour, chariot.
>> Hierophant: Collar of Shapesh, Dispel Scroll
>> 12 Skeleton Soldiers: Bow, musician.
>> 12 Skeleton Soldiers: Bow, musician.
>> 8 Skeleton Soldiers: Bow
>> 3 Tomb Kings Chariots
>>
>> Total: 698pts
>> Saved: US$24.50
>>
>> Month 3 starts here:
>
>Well, after playing some virtual battles against the finest tactical
minds
>throughout the ages, I got my ass thoroughly kicked, trying a
different
>tactic, I hunted for virtual battles against a chimp with a working
>knowledge of Warhammer, failing to find one, I had to settle with Gav
>Thorpe.
>
>I still got my ass handed too me.

Hah! Gav beat you!

The problem was a lack of co-ordination
>between my units, the static bowmen and fast-moving chariots left a
huge gap
>to be exploited in my lines, and left my Hierophant dangerously
exposed as
>soon as my unarmored bowmen got run down by opposing cavalry or
gunned down
>by war machines.
>
>Clearly, I needed some Cavalry of my own as protection,

Told you so! You know, I could probably do with some of that too.
Maybe in a month or three.

and also a second
>Liche Priest as a form of insurance, with that in mind, my Month 3
purchases
>were:
>
>$74.50 to spend
>
>2 x Skeleton Horsemen Boxes $60.00
>1 x Mounted Liche Priest $5.50
>1 x Battle Pilgrim Shields (Bretonnian) $3.00
>1 x Bretonnian Battle Standard Torso $5.00
>
>Comes to $73.50, Leaving me an extra $1.00 for Month 4 (woohoo!)
>
>Leaves me with an army that now looks like:
>HEROES
Tomb Prince Cambyses III: General, Great Weapon, Armor of the Ages,
Chariot
184

> "Armor"? You've really gone native over there, haven't you? If I don't watch myself I may end up saying things like "Strewth, mate, you're a bit grumpy!" and "Crikey, somebody set me up the bomb!" in the next few months.

>Liche Priest Psamtek: Hierophant, Collar of Shapesh, Dispel Scroll,
Skeletal
>Steed 173
>Liche Priest 'Alexandre': Talisman of Protection, Dispel Scroll 155
>CORE
>7 Skeleton Heavy Horse: Full Command, War Banner 172
>8 Skeleton Heavy Horse: Full Command 163

What happened to horseman number 16?

>16 Skeleton Warriors: Bows, Champion, Musician 143
>16 Skeleton Warriors: Bows, Champion, Musician 143
>SPECIAL
>3 Skeleton Chariots: Full Command, Icon of the Sacred Eye 220
>
>1353 Points

More points than me? Damn. Oh, well...

>Once the invaders had a staging post in Al-Biad, they massed for war,
and
>after a string of victories in coastal settlements along what is now
Araby's
>infamous Pirate Coast, the Nehekharans summoned re-inforcements

Thought they could only do that when dead? Oh, summoned,
not...uh...summoned? I see...

Philip Bowles

"Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Craig Little (Tomb Kings)
>>>
>> I hunted for virtual battles against a chimp with a working
>>knowledge of Warhammer, failing to find one, I had to settle with Gav
>>Thorpe.
>>
>>I still got my ass handed too me.
>
> Hah! Gav beat you!

Hush...

> The problem was a lack of co-ordination
>>between my units, the static bowmen and fast-moving chariots left a
> huge gap
>>to be exploited in my lines, and left my Hierophant dangerously
> exposed as
>>soon as my unarmored bowmen got run down by opposing cavalry or
> gunned down
>>by war machines.
>>
>>Clearly, I needed some Cavalry of my own as protection,
>
> Told you so! You know, I could probably do with some of that too.
> Maybe in a month or three.

Yes, Mr. Sawyer

>> "Armor"? You've really gone native over there, haven't you? If I don't
>> watch myself I may end up saying things like "Strewth, mate, you're a bit
>> grumpy!" and "Crikey, somebody set me up the bomb!" in the next few
>> months.

Blame it on Outlooks spell check. Now how long and why are you down under?

> What happened to horseman number 16?

The Hierophant stole his horse, cheaper that way.

> More points than me? Damn. Oh, well...

Only because of my super-1337 characters.

> Thought they could only do that when dead? Oh, summoned,
> not...uh...summoned? I see...

Would you prefer marshaled?
--
Craig