Highpoint PCI RAID Cards

excitron

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
I have a DFI mb which went south and need to access the data off a 2-drive ATA RAID 0 array I created with the boards' onboard Highpoint 372N controller.

Does anyone know of any standalone Highpoint PCI RAID cards that I can use to access the data off these drives on another mb? These are standard ATA, not SATA drives.

Thanks for any info on this.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
If you can find a PCI card with the exact same highpoint chip it "might" work. The best way to go though would be to get that motherboard replaced.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
The RocketRAID 133 will do exactly what you need (HPT372 chip). You might be able to get away with a cheaper RocketRAID100 (HPT370) seeing as the difference between ATA100 and 133 won't make a scrap of difference to your RAID setup.

excitron

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
Thanks sjonnie! You've made my day! Now I can smash the $#!t out of that hideous DFI motherboard and get A LOT of aggravation induced by it out of system.

That board (and an earlier twin) have been nothing but trouble, with the company offering brain-dead support for either one. Don't ever by DFI products, worst computer company I've ever dealt with.

Thanks again.