Sign in with
Your question

Highpoint PCI RAID Cards

Last response: in Storage
July 1, 2005 11:04:36 PM

I have a DFI mb which went south and need to access the data off a 2-drive ATA RAID 0 array I created with the boards' onboard Highpoint 372N controller.

Does anyone know of any standalone Highpoint PCI RAID cards that I can use to access the data off these drives on another mb? These are standard ATA, not SATA drives.

Thanks for any info on this.
July 2, 2005 7:58:20 PM

If you can find a PCI card with the exact same highpoint chip it "might" work. The best way to go though would be to get that motherboard replaced.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
July 5, 2005 7:45:47 PM

The RocketRAID 133 will do exactly what you need (HPT372 chip). You might be able to get away with a cheaper RocketRAID100 (HPT370) seeing as the difference between ATA100 and 133 won't make a scrap of difference to your RAID setup.
July 6, 2005 4:40:16 AM

Thanks sjonnie! You've made my day! Now I can smash the $#!t out of that hideous DFI motherboard and get A LOT of aggravation induced by it out of system.

That board (and an earlier twin) have been nothing but trouble, with the company offering brain-dead support for either one. Don't ever by DFI products, worst computer company I've ever dealt with.

Thanks again.
!