Actually an XP Home question

Clients log into a Server 2000 with RDP to run an application.
Users running XP Pro aren't having any problems.
Users running XP Home have recently started getting countdown timers saying
that their license will run out. When it runs out they get the an error
message when trying to connect to the server that says "The remote computer
disconnected the session becasue of an error in the licensing protocal.
Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your server
administrator."
When looking through the event logs, it tells me that a user tried to logon,
but it failed.
What is it about XP Home that's causing this problem?
I've got the necessary licensing running on the Terminal Server.
The only solution I've found so far is upgrading from XP Home to XP Pro, but
that's not a cost effective solution for most of the clients.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

You cannot join XP Home Edition to a domain. However, you
may have two options to access the domain network resources:

1. Logon local machine using a domain user account.
2. Create a workgroup to match the domain name and also use the domain user account to logon.

Why Windows XP Professional is Best for Domain-Based Networks
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/overviews/joindommore.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"JimmyD" wrote:

| Clients log into a Server 2000 with RDP to run an application.
| Users running XP Pro aren't having any problems.
| Users running XP Home have recently started getting countdown timers saying
| that their license will run out. When it runs out they get the an error
| message when trying to connect to the server that says "The remote computer
| disconnected the session becasue of an error in the licensing protocal.
| Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your server
| administrator."
| When looking through the event logs, it tells me that a user tried to logon,
| but it failed.
| What is it about XP Home that's causing this problem?
| I've got the necessary licensing running on the Terminal Server.
| The only solution I've found so far is upgrading from XP Home to XP Pro, but
| that's not a cost effective solution for most of the clients.
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
| Thanks.

Sorry I should have clarified a little more. They are logging in from remote
sites, not the actual workplace.