Need a new Keyboard and Mouse

zild1221

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hi, I am a new member here, I have been lurking forever though. Anyway, I need a new keyboard and mouse, both are deciding to kick the bucket at the same time on me. Keyboard has to be under $100 as well as the mouse. I game and do a lot of 3d design work. I would like a backlit keyboard with some extra macro keys if possible. I am not a big fan of logitech also. I have no clue what new keyboards and mice are out and what are even any good. Can you help?

DSI-Bradley

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hello,

I'm with DSI and we have a few choices that would probably do the job for you.

This keyboard is nice because of the mechanical cherry switches: http://www.notestation.com/kb-modmac-umodularmackeyboard.htm
Although it's a 'mac' keyboard, all of the functions still work flawlessly on the keyboard.

This keyboard is nice with all of the functions, and also has a touchpad: http://www.notestation.com/wireless-pc-keyboard-W1100.htm

This one is also really nice: http://www.notestation.com/wirelesskeyboardwithtrackballkb-rk-768.htm

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a good one!

spinny

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Any particular reason that you do not like Logitech? I would hate for you to dismiss Logitech because of a single past bad experience or something, as they make some of the (if not THE) best keyboards and mice.

The only other name that pops into my head for backlit keyboards is the Saitek eclipse series.

Other brands for mice would be Razer and Microsoft.

Canuck1

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007

Why would he like Logitech? Their products are crap. They are overhyped and overpriced. I've had Logitech mice just die and one I just bought would not even work at all. Their stuff is garbage.

Ever heard of the logitech g5 or g7? They are widely known as some of the best mice available. I personally have the logitech mx518 and it's a great mouse.

dantrona

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I have currently been using my Logitech G15(Generation 2) and Logitech G9 Mouse for nearly a year now, and I am loving them, so much so that I bought a second pair just in case I spill something on my keyboard. I am a definite fan of Logitech though, without a shadow of a doubt. The customizeable keys on the G15 are useful for laying down admin commands in Counter Strike, and I use the side keys of the G19 to speak in vent/TS. The G9 mouse also has a quick toggle of sensitivity to the point where I have to make a broad stroke to go across my screen, to the point where I twitch it and it goes flying across both my screens and beyond. Which is very helpful when your doing fine work in Photoshop, Paint, or whatever you do that needs precision. I would definitely recommend them to you as they are extremely well made.

Logitech G9 Mouse
Logitech G15 Generation 2 Keyboard

yosef_dowd

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Bradley,

I recently purchased a DSI RK768 and it loses its connection to the USB tranceiver after a few minutes of inactivity. I've not been able to find a way to reconnect it without getting up, taking the keyboard to the computer, pressing the button on the USB transceiver, then pressing the button on the back of the keyboard.

Is there a way to reconnect it without getting up and walking over to the computer?

Thanks,

-Joe