    --
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)

    How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP

    Judy wrote:

    > game not listed in add/remove windows components. how do I get rid of it.
    > can't find the game in a search. thanks in advance for any assistance.

    That is no help. Space Cadet is not listed in that screen in the control
    panel. I would not have asked if it had been listed. Did you even attempt
    to check the accuracy of that article?
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com

    "Will Pittenger" wrote:

    > That is no help. Space Cadet is not listed in that screen in the control
    > panel. I would not have asked if it had been listed. Did you even attempt
    > to check the accuracy of that article?
    > ----------
    > Will Pittenger
    > E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    > All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >

    > Yes, Will, that was exactly what I tried to say in my original post. There has got to be another method for getting rid of the game. Tried regedit also. If you find a way please let me know. Thanks

    Hey, Will. Used cleansweep to uninstall pinball. It is found in program
    files\windowsnt\pinball. Had cleansweep search for the file and then had it
    uninstalled.

    "Judy" wrote:

    > "Will Pittenger" wrote:
    >
    > > That is no help. Space Cadet is not listed in that screen in the control
    > > panel. I would not have asked if it had been listed. Did you even attempt
    > > to check the accuracy of that article?
    > > ----------
    > > Will Pittenger
    > > E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    > > All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    > >

    > > Yes, Will, that was exactly what I tried to say in my original post. There has got to be another method for getting rid of the game. Tried regedit also. If you find a way please let me know. Thanks

    Well, that didn't work. Cleansweep said it uninstalled pinball. After a
    reboot pinball is still there. It must be a protected file.

    "Judy" wrote:

    > Hey, Will. Used cleansweep to uninstall pinball. It is found in program
    > files\windowsnt\pinball. Had cleansweep search for the file and then had it
    > uninstalled.
    >
    > "Judy" wrote:
    >

    > > "Will Pittenger" wrote:
    > >
    > > > That is no help. Space Cadet is not listed in that screen in the control
    > > > panel. I would not have asked if it had been listed. Did you even attempt
    > > > to check the accuracy of that article?
    > > > ----------
    > > > Will Pittenger
    > > > E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    > > > All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    > > >

    > > > Yes, Will, that was exactly what I tried to say in my original post. There has got to be another method for getting rid of the game. Tried regedit also. If you find a way please let me know. Thanks

    You'll find it in the "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball", it only takes
    up 2.44MB. You can navigate yourself to
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Games", you can
    delete the icon from there and it won't show up any more. In conjuction with
    deleteing the "\Pinball" folder after backing it up somewhere. "pinball.exe"
    is not dependent on anything special really except its shortcut.

    - Winux P.

    "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > game not listed in add/remove windows components. how do I get rid of it.
    > can't find the game in a search. thanks in advance for any assistance.

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:17:04 -0700, "Judy"
    <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Well, that didn't work. Cleansweep said it uninstalled pinball. After a
    >reboot pinball is still there. It must be a protected file.

    Yep it is a protected file (why only MS knows)

    You need to delete it from the dllcache folder also or it will come
    right back.

    Hello,

    Plain and cimple way to remove games from Windows XP:

    How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307768

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <Les Herrman> wrote in message news:59mhe1dhl1i6f3i55sg3hdcq74ebnq6e6j@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:17:04 -0700, "Judy"
    > <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Well, that didn't work. Cleansweep said it uninstalled pinball. After a
    >>reboot pinball is still there. It must be a protected file.
    >
    > Yep it is a protected file (why only MS knows)
    >
    > You need to delete it from the dllcache folder also or it will come
    > right back.

    Someone else without a brain already suggested that. If you actually check
    that screen, you will find that Pinball is *****not***** listed. Read my
    lips: Not.
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com

    What screen are you talking about that it's *******Not****** LISTED?

    Will Pittenger wrote:

    > Someone else without a brain already suggested that. If you actually check
    > that screen, you will find that Pinball is *****not***** listed. Read my
    > lips: Not.
    > ----------
    > Will Pittenger
    > E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    > All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Plain and cimple way to remove games from Windows XP:
    >>
    >>How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307768
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>Anando
    >>Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >>In memory of Alex Nichol
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >>
    >>Folder customizations
    >>http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >>Protect your PC!
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >><Les Herrman> wrote in message

    >>>Yep it is a protected file (why only MS knows)
    >>>
    >>>You need to delete it from the dllcache folder also or it will come
    >>>right back.

    Anando claimed you could remove the Space Cadet pinball program (comes with
    all versions of Windows since NT 4 came out and is always preinstalled) from
    your machine by going to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Add Remove
    Windows Components/Accessories/Games. However, Space Cadet Pinball is not
    listed.
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com

    > What screen are you talking about that it's *******Not****** LISTED?
    >
    > Will Pittenger wrote:
    >
    >> Someone else without a brain already suggested that. If you actually
    >> check that screen, you will find that Pinball is *****not***** listed.
    >> Read my lips: Not.
    >> ----------
    >> Will Pittenger
    >> E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >> All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >>
    >> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>Plain and cimple way to remove games from Windows XP:
    >>>
    >>>How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP
    >>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307768
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>
    >>>Anando
    >>>Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>>http://www.mvps.org
    >>>
    >>>In memory of Alex Nichol
    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >>>
    >>>Folder customizations
    >>>http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>>
    >>>Protect your PC!
    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>>

    >>><Les Herrman> wrote in message

    Should be listed as "Pinball" if the "Games" are unhidden and no one has
    jacked around with the registry.

    Will Pittenger wrote:

    > Anando claimed you could remove the Space Cadet pinball program (comes with
    > all versions of Windows since NT 4 came out and is always preinstalled) from
    > your machine by going to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Add Remove
    > Windows Components/Accessories/Games. However, Space Cadet Pinball is not
    > listed.
    > ----------
    > Will Pittenger
    > E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    > All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >
    > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>What screen are you talking about that it's *******Not****** LISTED?
    >>
    >>Will Pittenger wrote:
    >>

    >>>Someone else without a brain already suggested that. If you actually
    >>>check that screen, you will find that Pinball is *****not***** listed.
    >>>Read my lips: Not.
    >>>----------
    >>>Will Pittenger
    >>>E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >>>All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >>>
    >>>"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

    Not there. I made no such changes. No one else has access to the machine.
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com

    > Should be listed as "Pinball" if the "Games" are unhidden and no one has
    > jacked around with the registry.
    >
    > Will Pittenger wrote:
    >
    >> Anando claimed you could remove the Space Cadet pinball program (comes
    >> with all versions of Windows since NT 4 came out and is always
    >> preinstalled) from your machine by going to Control Panel/Add Remove
    >> Programs/Add Remove Windows Components/Accessories/Games. However, Space
    >> Cadet Pinball is not listed.
    >> ----------
    >> Will Pittenger
    >> E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >> All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >>
    >> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>What screen are you talking about that it's *******Not****** LISTED?

    If it is any consolation to anyone, it is not in the indicated
    location on my machine either. I wonder if simply deleting the
    following files would do any harm:

    pinball.chm C:\windows\help
    pinball.hlp C:\windows\help
    pinball.inf C:\windows\inf
    pinball.pnf C:\windows\inf
    pinball.exe C:\windows\
    servicepackfiles\i386

    That's how we used to do it in 3.1 :-)

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:29:36 -0500, "Will Pittenger"
    <see.signature@see.signature.net> wrote:

    >Not there. I made no such changes. No one else has access to the machine.
    >----------
    >Will Pittenger
    >E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >
    >"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Should be listed as "Pinball" if the "Games" are unhidden and no one has
    >> jacked around with the registry.
    >>
    >> Will Pittenger wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anando claimed you could remove the Space Cadet pinball program (comes
    >>> with all versions of Windows since NT 4 came out and is always
    >>> preinstalled) from your machine by going to Control Panel/Add Remove
    >>> Programs/Add Remove Windows Components/Accessories/Games. However, Space
    >>> Cadet Pinball is not listed.
    >>> ----------
    >>> Will Pittenger
    >>> E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >>> All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >>>
    >>> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    No. At least not from what I heard earlier in the thread. Some one said
    you also had to delete it from the DLLCACHE folder.
    ----------
    Will Pittenger
    E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com

    "Larry" <lhullz@cheezwhiz.net> wrote in message
    > If it is any consolation to anyone, it is not in the indicated
    > location on my machine either. I wonder if simply deleting the
    > following files would do any harm:
    >
    > pinball.chm C:\windows\help
    > pinball.hlp C:\windows\help
    > pinball.inf C:\windows\inf
    > pinball.pnf C:\windows\inf
    > pinball.exe C:\windows\
    > servicepackfiles\i386
    >
    > That's how we used to do it in 3.1 :-)
    >

    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:29:36 -0500, "Will Pittenger"
    > <see.signature@see.signature.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Not there. I made no such changes. No one else has access to the
    >>machine.
    >>Will Pittenger
    >>E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger1 at gmail.com
    >>All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com)
    >>
    >>"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Should be listed as "Pinball" if the "Games" are unhidden and no one has
    >>> jacked around with the registry.

Games Microsoft 3D Windows XP