home over pro?

I have a pirated copy pf XP Pro. .......big mistake. Can I buy the Home
Edition & put it on top or would I have to remove Pro first? I didn't need
Pro in the first place & a good lesson learned here.....buy my own :-)
Thanks for any help
......seaweed
3 answers Last reply
More about home

    You cannot install Windows XP Home Edition over an existing
    Windows XP Professional installation. A "clean install" of
    Windows XP Home Edition is required.

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    In news:Ovzjm3fkFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    seaweed1317 <slynn@sympatico.ca> typed:

    > I have a pirated copy pf XP Pro. .......big mistake. Can I buy
    > the
    > Home Edition & put it on top or would I have to remove Pro
    > first? I
    > didn't need Pro in the first place & a good lesson learned
    > here.....buy my own :-) Thanks for any help

    Sorry, you're out of luck. Professional to Home is a downgrade,
    and downgrades aren't supported. You'll have to do a clean
    installation of XP Home.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You have to perform a clean installation to install XP Home.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    seaweed1317 wrote:
    > I have a pirated copy pf XP Pro. .......big mistake. Can I buy the Home
    > Edition & put it on top or would I have to remove Pro first? I didn't need
    > Pro in the first place & a good lesson learned here.....buy my own :-)
    > Thanks for any help
    > .....seaweed

Microsoft Windows XP