Quick Launch icons disappear after power failure

newbie

Help!!

Last night, we had a power outage. When power came back on all Quick
Launch icons were gone. In Toolbars, Quick Launch is checked but still
have no icons.

When I go to the Quick Launch Folder at C:\Documents and Settings\User
Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch, I can
right click on the Quick Launch folder and click on properties and it
tells me that there are 32 files. I can deselect the Hidden files to
see everything but it doesn't show them but seems that they are in
there.

Another issue that has come about from this too is that when I open
Word and then close it, it wants to change the Normal.dot template.

Do you have any suggestions? I have 2 presentations this week for a
total of about 500 people and I have to have Word up a running. Thanks
for any help that you can provide.

Sincerely,
Newbie

regards,